Dragoncrest Cliffs I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
For eternity, that moment stretched on. The sore, tear-glazed gaze of her sister, the somber way Sobo avoided looking at her altogether made Chacal’s heart freeze. She felt certain some proof had been found, and that she would be told that her son was, without a doubt, dead. 

Mireille reached for her, and buried her muzzle into her fur. Unflinching, Chacal remained stiff, and did not bend to accept her sister’s touch, not while she lingered in shock, believing this to mean for certain that Requiem was dead. 

”Quoi!?” She demanded suddenly. The sudden expulsion of air jump started her heart, and forced her to breathe again. She gasped, and teetered sideways, light-headed for a moment. She shook her head and regarded her sister again, with a sternness that commanded a direct answer. ”You f—f-f-fin’ n-n-n-nunnn…N-n-ot’ing? Mireille!” She exclaimed, finally releasing her sister from her hard stare, as she shook her head and sat down.  She hissed, in relief. ”shhhht….I thought…” There was an apologetic tone to her voice. She’d not intended to jump down Mireille’s throat, but the whiplash had made her edgy.

Now she knew- she preferred not knowing, rather than finding out that he was dead.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Chacal - September 18, 2022, 06:02 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Mireille - September 18, 2022, 06:26 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Sobo - September 19, 2022, 04:31 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Chacal - September 19, 2022, 06:07 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Mireille - September 21, 2022, 12:44 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Chacal - September 29, 2022, 10:47 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Sobo - October 03, 2022, 07:19 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Chacal - October 13, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Mireille - October 16, 2022, 09:42 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Chacal - October 23, 2022, 08:30 AM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Sobo - November 03, 2022, 09:37 PM
RE: I’ve become uncertain in a cosmic way - by Chacal - November 08, 2022, 12:45 PM