The Tangle And an angel for my pain
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
He challenged her notion, and would not be reasoned with. He seemed to find her audacious, which of course was true- but she was the Tanzanite. It did not mean she could dictate his life, but she had the interest of her packmates close to her heart, and she neither wished to lose Njord to the bear, nor have her packmates grieve the loss. The girl had left a blood-trail to the pack, but that could not be helped now. Casting her out wouldn't mean the bear would accept the sacrifice and leave the pack alone. 

She'd touched a nerve and she would again. He, in turn, struck one within her when he brought up Arric. 

"You dare.
I sought a man- you seek a bear.
Dese t'ings, dey do not compare."

He could try what he would, but the bear could not be commanded or reasoned with. A wolf could be fought off- as her packmates had shown. There was absolutely a danger in having to seek out a mate, but it was a man problem that there was a threat at all. The fact that he tried to displace his own foolish choice with an unintended suitor felt ridiculous. It soured her opinion of him even further that he would try to belittle her for seeking the bare minimum from a man, who had made his own choice to go after her and had paid the price.

But Njord was being as much of a fool as Arric, now- to pursue something that would rend him limb from limb if it got the chance. Such was the foil of men, it seemed. 

She breathed a slow, simmering breath. Her voice was low when it chimed again.

"Of course, I recall. I could not forget.
Njord...Do not do something you will not live to regret."

He tried to barter with her, which provoked a snarl. He'd earned her ire, and had lost any leverage he might have had when he chose to prod at the incident involving Arric. 

She shook her head. 

"And what good would that do? None.
She be in our lands, dis already be done. 
We cannot trust a bear to take a bait,
an' leave us in peace- dey do not negotiate. 
We should not provoke it more- let it hibernate."

She did not want to waste her time reasoning with the man while there was a potential threat in the area. He had turned his back on the pack- so if the bear came while he was gone, they would not have use of his strength to fend it off. Bears were unpredictable, and this one was proving to be exceptionally dangerous. 

She shook her head again.

"If you go, den go you must.
You 'ave already lost my trust."

The bear could deal with him first. He would have more to deal with if he survived.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 02:55 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Njord - January 16, 2023, 05:37 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 05:55 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Njord - January 16, 2023, 07:57 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 08:21 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Njord - January 16, 2023, 09:24 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 12:46 AM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Njord - January 17, 2023, 12:59 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 03:27 PM