Ghost Lion Crag would you be the wind, blowing me home
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
Read Only 
inspired completely by this beautiful post by @Wraen. <3 lyrics from out loud by dispatch.

would you be the wind
blowing me home?

arcturus stepped from the lip of moonspear, and the world rose up to meet him. there was no time to reflect before his bones met stone and were scattered. his mind was set the moment he committed. he was gone long before the cold crept into his body, long before the carrion eaters set upon him and dispersed him in a million pieces as if his body had gone to seed.

he remembered none of it.

would you be a dream
on the wings of a poem?

arcturus' soul unraveled the moment his body did. he forgot it all. the coldness of the peaks. his family. his hardships and joys.

wraen.

and if we were walking through a crowd,
well you know i'd be proud

after his death he was many things. he learned time was not a river, but an infinite pool. each time he died, he was pulled from it anew.

he was a flower, a pale lily on a murky bank.

he was a butterfly on quaking aspen.

he was the wind, howling down toothsome valleys.

he saw a star born and a star die. he was a cataclysmic planet, birthed and folded in on itself. and for a time he was a hurling comet as it burned across the cosmos, searching.

and if i was gone from the land we know
would you be there darling, would your beauty still show?

in that infinite blackness of every life, he searched. he could not say for what. he was the hunter as he stole across an indigo sky, chasing stars that had fallen long ago.

there was always a piece missing. always something out of place. so he burned as he tore across a valley of shimmering stars. he crashed on distant planets. he sang with the water as it coursed through subterranean caves. he lurked with denizens of the deep as their quiet lives passed them by.

and if you were walking, with the cold night coming
would you call my name,
because you know i'd come running

i love you, arthur. he'd been somewhere in a galaxy of hissing gasses of copper-green and magenta swirls when that voice came to him.

find me.

arcturus -- star-clad son of moonspear -- came hurtling towards earth.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
would you be the wind, blowing me home - by Arcturus - November 26, 2023, 02:28 PM
RE: would you be the wind, blowing me home - by Wraen - November 27, 2023, 03:44 PM