Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,261 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kaluktuk was eager to share.

I had a number of younger hunters named to my group, and we quickly organized. The plan was to have some of the quicker bodies work at the herd to keep them back, while others- like myself- worked on separating our target away.

There had been issues early on, and Kaluktuk did not want to speak of them, but neither could he lie. Ariadne wanted to know about the hunt beyond what she might have watched from afar.

One of the hunters, a dark woman, fled as soon as she saw the bison! He was a large beast with a cracked horn, a bull who had been challenging others. When I went to fill the gap that resulted, there was a body not named to our hunt that was suddenly there; she was young and wild, and smelled of the sea.

Kaluktuk sounded exasperated by all of this. I found the coward and made it known I did not appreciate the way they left. I have not yet sought the child who arrived, but... I am not sure if it would help or change anything. The bison was felled. The work was done.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
RE: hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you - by Kigipigak - January 01, 2024, 11:09 PM