Phoenix Maplewood it bounces and i pounces
46 Posts
Ooc — Soap

It was getting colder outside. She would visibly shiver a bit if the wind shifted through her fur just right. Her pelt was slowly starting to acquire is more adult guard hairs, but Sart was not yet fully protected from the elements. She didn't know what winter was, but if the weather kept this up, she had a feeling she was going to be cold. Very cold.

Since she didn't know anything about it and was of a mind not to worry about things until they happened, Sart was currently occupying herself with the task of bopping field, or forest mice, on the head. She hadn't really too much practice in the whole hunting thing, but she felt like it was something important she needed to know.

This time, she found a vole (thinking it a fatter mouse) and hunkered down on the ground to stalk it. Her butt wiggled. Any second now and she could pounce it.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna was eager to explore her new home, so it didn't take her long to meet others. This time she spotted someone of her age and height. How fun! Though last time the other didn't really wanted to play. Desna was a positive girl so maybe this time the other wanted to play. She didn't realize that she encountered the sister of the one she met before. Desna let out a yip in excitement when she saw the wiggling butt and jumped forward to see what the other was doing.

Her plump body moved forward, making the voles scatter for a moment. She dove after one that barely escaped her paws. Desna jumped up, tail wagging so fast it was barely seen. "Hi! Oh you are another! I'm Desna!," she let out. "What you doing? Can I join?," she asked. It seemed that this game looked rather fun. Desna didn't realize that it was something related to hunting, not yet.
46 Posts
Ooc — Soap
A yip sounded in the air. It wasn't this mouse... It wasn't Reggie... Sart lifted her head to look and OH MY GAWD. It was a giant black bear! Sart fell over. She'd heard of these thingys and Reek had told her they were bad. Sart fell over, realized she'd played opossum for a bit, then hopped back up to her feet. Was it really a bear? Maybe it was a baby bear. IT WAS A BEAR.

"DUNN EAT ME!" she squealed and did her best to run up the trunk of a tree. Considering gravity and the vertical motion she was entirely incapable of, she got no where fast and ended up sitting somewhat sprawled at the base of a large maple.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna was shocked herself when the other yelled at her. The young girl fell back on her butt as she watched the other fall too. Des look at her with big hazel eyes. She might be bigger but she wasn't mean! She pushed herself to her feet. "You aren't food...," she let out and tipped her head. "At least I think you are not! Do you wanna play with me? Can you learn me your game?," she asked, voice sounding super eager and surprisingly friendly.

"I'm Desna. I am nice promise. My mommy is nice too, she learned me to always be nice," she spoke to encourage the other canine to hang out with her. Desna really liked a playing buddy. She sank though her front paws to show the other she really meant it.
46 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Both on their butts and both staring at each other, Sart's fears were quickly soothed as soon as the pup began to explain. Well okay then. She wasn't going to be eaten today. Perhaps too trusting, Sart tried to understand it all herself. "Yous not a bear?" she asked, double checking. This black wolf was a bit chubby and therefore bearish, but if she said she wasn't, well, then she wasn't a bear.

"Everybodies tries to eats me," she said as she peeled herself away from the tree. Her ears fell back as she slumped to her belly and lay there submissively. "But if yous wanna play, I knows a game!" At this, she lifted her head from the ground as the rest of her remained sprawled. "I's Sart. I dunna has a mommy no mores, but I knows a game! Is called chase. One of us runs and hides and the other ones goes and finds them."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna instantly shook her head as a 'no' because she was not a bear. But now she thought of Arthur the bear she kinda looked like him, except she didn't have a light muzzle. The girl pushed herself back to her feet. "I am a wolf!," she let out. "You Coyoteeeee," she added, she learned that from the pup's sister after all she met before. "That is not nice. One time a wolf tries eating me too," she admitted, that wasn't a fun day but she escaped with all her plumpness intact.

"I love game!," she returned excitedly, instantly her tail started wagging. "I am Desna! Ohhh by my mommy is really nice! I share her before with pup with no mommy until mom came back. She is white with red eyes. My mommy can be your mommy!," she offered in all her kindness which she gotten from her mother. She might be bossy but Desna wasn't a mean pup. She was very close to her little sister and trying to help her out as best as she can.

"I knows! I knows!," She let out. "Yas lets play! You hunt me first!," she stated and then excitedly rushed off to hide somewhere. She found a small hiding spot under some bushes, her dark coat blending perfectly with the ground.
46 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Sart tipped her head aside as the wolf pup explained a bit. She was a wolf. Okay. Sart was coyote. She knew that. They were the same, but different. Sart looked at her tiny paws for a moment, comparing them to the wolf pup's larger paws and form. She was already little for a coyote, but next to a wolf she felt super small. Her ears fell as she thought about it only to lift as the black pup expressed her interest in a game.

Oh. It sounded like she'd have someone to play with. "Des-na?" she tried, tasting the name on her mouth as Sart slowly lifted to her feet. The girl described her mother, but Sart was a little skeptical. "Red eyes sounds scary..." she said, turning her gaze to the ground for a moment. Sart wasn't sure she wanted to share a mommy. She'd been living kind of okay without one and Reek was helping now. All Sart needed to do was learn to catch mouses.

She was a little distracted in thought when the game started. Desna bounced off before Sart could part her mouth to speak and suddenly she was expected to find the wolf-pup. She stood still for a moment, staring off in the direction where Desna ran. Right... hunt her. Sart meekly swallowed and stepped forward, putting her nose to the ground to track the pup.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna nodded when she had her name right but instantly shook her head. "My mommy nice," she assured before she had dashed away. Desna liked to think that she was hidden well. But she hadn't really thought of the fact that the little coyote pup and her new friend had a strong nose like her, and maybe even better ears. Desna tried to stay super still. It was difficult to do since she liked to giggle or make other happy noises.

With hunting she had the same problem where she would get so excited a giggle escaped and the prey would run away. But now she was she the pray. She had to be silent and not get caught. This was rather difficult. The dark girl flattened herself and looked from under the bush to see if the other was coming.
13 Posts
Ooc —
Pippin trotted through the field completely busy with his own thing. He needed to fatten himself up for winter. Raccoon don't hibernate but he was definitely not going out in the harsh winter weather. He would stay in his den for days if not weeks. He would need his extra layer of fat. The fluff to keep him warm was already there. Pippin was eating all the last berries and nuts he could find. He already had a thick layer on his bones.

This forest was great for gathering all the things he needed, plus all the trees were close by to protect him. He could always run for the tree and go hide there. He had multiple dens all over the wilds depending on where he liked it best. Usually around january he would move to where all the food females were. He wanted to have his share after all.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna played with the young coyote for a long time practicing her hunting and sneaking. It was very fun the most fun she had in days. She was very tired and hoped her mommy had a meal for her. She also had to tell her how good she was practicing! She really needed this if she wanted to become a good hunter. Desna let out a happy giggle. Instantly she saw some movement. Her hazel eyes fell on a raccoon that moved up a tree. Damn! Maybe if she was paying attention she could have caught it. Oh well. Time to go towards her mother. She was too tired for another chase really.

- End thread -