Silvertip Mountain The best laid plans
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
@Valette 

Steady had been contemplating for a while now about moving the pack. New ones were forming all around them, and he was getting uneasy about it. Right now, during the summer months, food was plentiful and there was no aggression between the packs, at least none that Silvertip was in on. But, come winter, it would be a whole different story. In addition, Adeline had been attacked, and he simply did not want her reliving that over and over every time she went past the area.

So, he lifted his head and called for @Valette. She was their resident scout, and a damned good one at that. The task he had for her today would be the most important one so far, and he had every hope that Valette could carry it out. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lifted her head when Steady howled for her. She was just drinking by a stream when the howl echoed. The female wasted no time and instantly took off to look for Steady. She howled in return that she was heading his way. It didn't take long for the hunter to find her alpha. She relied on scent and it was easy to track the male from who she was used to his scent.

She smiled when seeing him. "Hi Steady!," she grinned. "Good to see you. I was meaning to come to you anyhow, because I had some new information. Anita and I cleared out the rotten caches, one was empty, closer to the mountains because no one used it. So we decided that we would have caches in places that are more populated. The one at the glass cave is half full and in the forest is also half full. So perhaps, if you feel the need to, we need to stock up on meat if you want two full caches," she explained quickly.

The girl sat down. "Sorry. You called me for something. I just wanted to let you know about the state of the caches. Minor but not unimportant either," she smiled apologetically.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was pacing back and forth by the time Valette got there, though that wasn't a reflection upon her timing. It was more he was simply restless and anxious. When she was close enough, he opened his mouth to explain why he had called her, but it seemed she was going to beat him to the punch on starting the conversation.

She was talking about caches, and there were several times when he opened his mouth again to interrupt her, but it was futile. He gave a huff in frustration, knowing these caches would mean nothing soon. He took a deep breath, and waited for her to finish. Valette, I want to move, he said honestly. I need you to go Rising Sun- there aren't many packs there, right? I need you to go and scout for a new home for us. He knew this wasn't going to be something easy, but he felt it was necessary. We're just too crowded here, and I'm afraid that come winter, there will be conflicts between the packs nearest to us. Plus, with Adeline's attack... He trailed off, not really wanting to relive that. Can you go? Maybe take Ezekiel with you? Generally, he would have gone himself, but he refused to be very far from Adeline.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed that she had been in the wrong here. She swallowed and listened to Steady. The cache story didn't matter for what he had to say. They were going to move! Oh my! The girl let out a soft gasp and then nodded. She kind of liked that they were moving because being on a mountain was not her favorite place to be. She liked the open plains and even forests, not some rocky mountain side.

She felt honored that she was even picked to scout out the new pack lands! She looked so surprised and she would be out with Ezekiel?! Oh this was even better. Instantly her motivation and ambition flared up fully. "I won't let you down, Steady! We will head out as soon as possible. I will look for huntable ground and Ezekiel will see how good it can be protected. There is only 1 other pack in the valley. And they are friendly," she spoke.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He exhaled a sigh of relief when Valette seemed eager to be on board with moving. He didn't know what he would do if he had to argue the point. But, thankfully, he didn't. I really appreciate your understanding on this, Valette. And thank you for cleaning up, and restocking the caches. I think we should keep the two for now, but not overstock, as I don't want to have to waste any by leaving it behind.

He wasn't really sure exactly what type of area he was looking for, either. I'm not very picky on what new area, except I don't want to be near more than one pack. I think you're a good judge on food supply, and Ezekiel will be a good judge on safety. I trust you two's judgement on where we should go. He nodded when she explained there was only one other pack in the valley, and they were friendly. Good, I'm glad to hear that. Let me know as soon as you get back, okay? he asked. This move would happen as quickly as he could make it.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded seriously because it was good to know what Steady liked to see in their territory. She understood that the caches were a minor thing right now and that this was far more important. "We will make sure that there is only 1 pack in the neighborhood and if they are in the same region then we take a distance," she hummed.

She knew Bearclaw was fortified but for safety it might not be a good territory, there were bears and there was only one exit she knew, if that exit was cut off it could be very dangerous. The meadow would be too close. "Alright, we will head out as soon as possible and look through the valley," she hummed. "We will return to you the moment we are close," she repeated so he knew she understood.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He felt more confident now that Valette had agreed to scout out the area, and more so that she seemed so enthused about it. He knew he couldn't- wouldn't- move if the pack was against it. But, he hoped, even if they had reservations, that they would trust his judgement. It would simply been too crowded here come winter, and four packs couldn't sustain themselves on sparse prey for an entire winter. 

But, if he could cut that down to only neighbor, he knew they could survive. They wouldn't have to go through all the heartache they went through during the famine. He gave Valette a soft smile. Thank you for your understanding, Valette. I really appreciate it, he said. She could have fought him, raised any concerns she might have had. But, she didn't. She took the information, the mission, and accepted it with enthusiasm. 

With a nod, he dismissed himself from the conversation, and turned to go. If she didn't stop him with any questions, he would head back to Adeline.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
With that said Valette nodded and went in her own direction. Her mission was clear and the young female knew what she had to do. She went to Ezekiel now, knowing that she would have to explain him they were leaving together. The young female quirked up her lips as she trotted away. She did nod a respectful goodbye to Steady, of course, he was still their leader, she wouldn't just leave.

- end-