Heron Lake Plateau i can see a shitfaced brother that i covered for what must've been the last ten years
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
up until this point, the sylph's attention had largely been focused on the umber-brushed male. he had appeared to be the leader, but as she briefly glanced up she witnessed his clear step backwards -- as if to say the room was anyone's but his. this clear sign of deference made caiaphas realize she had been mistaken in assuming colt the leader, though by his bearing she could reasonably assume it was not the wolf that flanked his shoulder that he deferred to.

which left the two wolves behind them; her ears folded back, but she remained still.

drawing her sharp yellow eyes up slowly, caiaphas readjusted her attention to the woman that strode towards them. inwardly, some old strain of proud nereides victoriously reared its head to see a man defer to a woman; yet her expression was carefully blank. if she found the black wolf's speech at all odd, it did not register on the swarthy black of her countenance  -- the siren queen had met all manner of wolves coarse of speech and some, hardly intelligible at all -- she understood the leader clear enough, and dipped her head in acknowledgment of both towhee's status and her statement: that whoever had hurt her, had presumably been slain.

caiaphas had no reason to doubt this, and as she watched svalinn process the enormity that was this situation her brow furrowed slightly. maintaining submissive mien, she shifted so she was facing the dark-pelted leader with her eyes humbly averted. "i am caiaphas. what i am doing at your borders, specifically, is looking for a home." ever careful in her speech, the wych answered with punctuating directness. "we are specifically looking for a home because we were forced from ankyra sound by a bear. my mate was claimed by a river not three days ago - these children are all i have left of my pack."

"this --" she motioned towards svalinn, who stood wide-eyed and adorable -- "this is my son's only surviving son, svalinn. behind me is raleska, my daughter -- and this is blondine." she spared her russet companion a brief glance before continuing. "i was explaining that i can be of use to you; in exchange for a home, i can work -- no handouts. as a master warrior i can teach any wolf you have how to fight, and survive."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i can see a shitfaced brother that i covered for what must've been the last ten years - by Caiaphas - June 28, 2018, 07:44 PM