Heron Lake Plateau and when you wanted me, i came to you
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
a quiet flicker seemed to cross caiaphas' gaze, though its meaning was shielded. she was not used to the deference -- saltwinter and grimnismal had been full of raw, coarse wolves. reckless wolves. it had not been since the nereides, and later ankyra, that caiaphas had felt that strange shade of -- what was it, reverence?

a dangerous feeling, she surmised -- for it stroked her ego and clouded her judgment. she had been treated fairly in redhawks -- in a few short months her bones had endured more kindness in the plateau than she had witnessed in five years, fire's execution of nashoba included; for a moment caiaphas wondered if this was how normal wolves acted, normal families -- happy to help, nurture, and heal.

they arrived at the rolling back of a sloping hill. caiaphas studied the verdant green, no trace of displeasure on her sharp muzzle. it was an upgrade from the soggy banks, and she could work with the loam here. there were few rocks to frustrate her progress, and she appreciated the firebrand for bringing her here. "it'll take some getting used to, is all." she said at length, a gentle admission that she missed the ocean terribly: "it seems strange to me still, but i can make this work. the ground seems soft enough. thank you." caiaphas strode towards a handful of boulders which turned their frowning faces westward; they were a good windbreak, and she nosed the foot of their wizened surface as if testing the ground.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 07:04 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 07:49 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 08:03 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 08:37 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 08:46 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 08:59 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 09:13 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 09:20 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 09:33 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 13, 2018, 07:18 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 13, 2018, 08:37 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 20, 2018, 06:39 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 22, 2018, 08:03 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 22, 2018, 11:40 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 23, 2018, 08:06 PM