Shadewood and if i go far away i know you'll find another slave
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
he didn't react much to the way she had described fire's interest in the shadewood; maybe her initial impression of him was wrong. all the same, caiaphas categorized him still as a possible competitor, particularly if fire's entreaty with the redhawk alphas was successful and they decided to come to the shadewood after all. caiaphas couldn't say she would be disappointed in the move; it was closer to the ocean, for one -- and caiaphas didn't have much interest or fondness for the plateau. in her eyes it was an ugly heap of stone and soil, carved with the callous uncaring of some ancient glacier and left there, more blemish than landmark, some thousands of epochs well before she ever walked this earth.

she supposed the shadewood was old too, in its own way; the trees around her, while not as big as the impossibly large sequoias of her home in ankyra sound, were riddled with a tired gloom old trees often possessed: as if they had seen everything the world had to offer, and nothing that ever walked through their forest surprised or brought them joy anymore.

caiaphas hadn't missed he mentioned he preferred the ocean -- a flicker of a smile appeared on that blighted lip of hers -- she too, had a predilection for the coast. the shadewood, she surmised, must be perfect for him: within walking distance of prime beach real-estate, while still offering the protection a bosk often did. "seems an ideal location then, for you anyway." she purled, her eyes resting on him with little compunction.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and if i go far away i know you'll find another slave - by Caiaphas - November 04, 2018, 01:56 PM