Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
keeping things vague because i am not sure if caiaphas' attack in her last post hit? it doesn't read like it was addressed so i will leave the result super vague and let you guys work it out.

also, will mention her getting injuries here since my last post was her attacking (and can edit details on who did what later). the serious injuries caiaphas obtains in this post: ripped in half ear, and large laceration across trapezius (neck). this round commences Rusalka's retreat, to prevent things from stretching out for weeks.  edit: added names for clarity

true as any arrow, the fiend flew to her destination -- a few bags of standing meat-shields would not hinder her (eastwood). she was moving, fast -- and they were standing still on guard. momentum was the true method of war and any embittered battle-hound knew being caught still on your feet was the same as being dead in the water - the shrew used this to her advantage, a wicked cackle slung from her hungering mouth.

rounding upon them at her hellish pace, it was easy enough to feint and parry in her attempt to reach antumbra (attack from last post), and then just as artfully, the master warrior's true skill in battle shined -- for the teeth (and their several owners) that aimed on her would be enough to rip flesh and leave fresh welts of blood rising rosily on her pale pelt, but not enough to pin the hostile creature down. she would be heavily bloodied, but not seized.

oh, those cuts and lacerations would sting -- her ear would be in tatters and a gaping line of membrane and subcutaneous tissue would be exposed along her neck -- but for now, caiaphas was as furious as a harpy rounding on her victims. dacio's attack had been side-lined by the approach of svalinn, but caiaphas' pelt bore plenty of evidence of drageda rebellion.

erzulie and co should have made their exit, but as caiaphas pulled from the snarling fray she caught a flash of gold (svalinn) that had trailed behind, and then a dark-helmed shadow pursuing after, hurling towards svalinn like a thrust spear.  she did not pause as she aimed for ephraim, attempting to grasp the back of his neck and throw him from svalinn like the cur he was. for him, her efforts were somehow tempered and her actions almost gentle (if you could call grabbing someone by the scruff and trying to throw them gentle) -- but fury still pounded ferociously in her mind, and she redirected her wrath elsewhere. no doubt erzulie would be close behind; if she, svalinn, illidan, and erzulie kept to their whirling warpath, they would be difficult to pin down.

in a matter of seconds the chaos was upended even further, for a new group of wolves had dragged caiaphas' squalling daughter onto the scene. harshly breathing, the siren executed a pirouette away from any aimed teeth, her expression cold and without pity for the girl that had managed to become overwhelmed. her lips crinkled in a snarl of disgust and she delivered a sniping reply: "you have three things that belong to us -- the wolf you stupidly stole to start this war, her," her narrow muzzle canted towards the pinned raleska before her hawk-yellow gaze pursued ephraim: "and him --"  her lips curled back in an expression of high contempt as she glanced upon the wayward ephraim, lost now to the drageda dogs.

even now, amidst the whirling cacophony of battle, it was unmistakable the familial resemblance - caiaphas, illidan, raleska, ephraim -- all three bore the imperious helm of eyjolfur blood, and even a stranger could have connected from their physical similarities their relation.

if it did her some good to know one of her children was alive, it was not visible; and long ago she had sealed her hardened heart from new injuries. ephraim had been dead since the day of the storm -- and this child, attacking his kin, was no blood of hers.

she prowled, sizing up the wolves that had congregated. it was highly unlikely they would be able to talk their way from escaping, but they could fight -- and a bulk of the wolves around them were young or inexperienced. she smiled assuredly, a grim and wicked sight in the tangle of war, and then spoke. "keep him." caiaphas then shoved svalinn hard, and then lunged towards the pair that held down her daughter.

at such hellbent speed, her teeth would sink into anything and rip, but not last -- the motion was meant to drive the wolves back and allow her own wolves to spill out in escape.

tl;dr
attack 1 - pull ephraim from svalinn
attack 2 - attack mallaidh/blix so raleska can escape
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Caiaphas - December 29, 2018, 03:13 PM