Moonspear so i waited many years, held back the pain behind my tears
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus had expected many things of hydra when her knowing lapis gaze fell upon him; betrayal, hurt, anger perhaps... but there was no trace of fury in those swimming blue depths that arcturus could recall. 

when she rose and stalked over to him quickly instinctively his ears fell flat to his dark crown, but he did not flinch. if she was to punish him for his indiscretion (or, rather, his discretion in protecting charon’s secrets) so be it. it was well deserved; he would learn from the lash of teeth, and would not do it again. 

yet no fanged rebuke came. hydra gathered him in his embrace and he at first stiffly fell into it, at last melting against her skin in the vulnerable way a soul that has suffered great loss does; his defenses stripped away, and his summery yellow gaze was tinged with sadness. with tightness in his throat arcturus breathed into her gossamer fur, withdrew, and lent her his sorrowful gaze. i am sorry i lied to you. 

there were many things he wished to talk to hydra about — but first, his contrition was needed.. and death had a strange way of putting things into perspective, a lesson arcturus had now learned at a terrible cost.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
RE: so i waited many years, held back the pain behind my tears - by Arcturus - June 13, 2019, 07:22 AM