Silver Moraine [BWP P2] tell me of progress to strengthen my blood
Wild Fauna
Shared Account
105 Posts
Ooc —
Random Event 
Breaking my own no-FWD dating threads to get PHASE 2 on the books, as I won't be able to post tomorrow. Dated for 9/16/19.

CRASH!

A tall evergreen that had stood for nearly twelve generations of wolves came to the earth in a sickening rip of dirt. Its boughs that first hit the ground splintered in deafening cracks, and a screen of dust and pine-needles rose in a thick smog around it.

Behind it three more trees fell, carrying with them their brethren -- until at last a domino wave of trees were uprooted one by one in horrifying waves of ruination. Tumbling, crashing, collapsing in booming chaos, these trees rolled down the ancient river bed, coming at last to a grinding halt in a flurry of branches, dirt, and roaming rocks. Now, they shuddered in their graves -- groaning and snapping as a tumble of rocks throatily slid atop them. 

The road between Dawnlark Plains and Phoenix Maplewood was indisputably rendered shut by the upending. No longer could wolves easily navigate the dry beds of the Moraine; travellers hoping to make their entry into the Tiaga would find nothing but destruction, and those attempting to leave the valley were now denied egress from this ancient road. 

by @Indra
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
following her encounter with @Revui, the sylph continued northward. the maplewood had served as good shelter from last night's storm, yet the tremors underfoot only seemed to serve as reminder that wherever she went, nature could not be out-fled.

caiaphas was walking (almost leisurely, even, for the crone was conserving her sapping energy) when an ear-splitting crack sounded from the distant treeline. she paused with her head craned, her ears tilted -- and heard the resounding ricochet of trunk grinding and splintering. then followed another, and another -- until at last the ground and the skies were rent with the peals of destruction, followed by a dim and deathly silence.

cresting a ridge of pine, caiaphas looked out into the valley below. the moraine, the place she had intended to cross to finally get home -- was caved in. a choking cloud of dirt rose from the rubble and concealed almost all of her vision, rising even as high as the sky-line -- clouding all one could see in a dull and dismal grey.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.