Emberwood did you do what i asked?
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 
Weather: 16˚, foggy, windy morning, blizzard warning
Tags: @Ibis @Bhediya @Kavik — anyone from UG
Awol comes back with a successful alliance with Lost Creek Hollow and gives Ibis a chnace to discusss anything she wanted to (council, camp, etc. if that's okay!)

Awol had finally arrived home. His long absent joy had soo graciously returned to him, as he romped and glidded between the tall bright carrot and sqush colored aspens that brushed the sky above his head. He was very tired, no doubt. But his drive to see his friends again kept his mind awake and rushing. Hastening to find Ibis, he desperately needed to call for her...

He could almost not bring himself to do so. He did not want to tell her about anyhting that happened at Easthollow, because that wasn't part of her desires. He shook himself yet again and howled powerfully nonetheless. He would not tell her, they would discuss it later. 

"It's Awol. I have returned."
place holder
[Image: ezgif-7-849c01d20f4e.gif]
common & german 
currently without memories, has a huge head scar of a four pointed star
on left side of head and one lip scar under left eye.

❛i'm an ungodly man, so i'll take the chance.❛
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
there was an eery silence to the morning's rise. gusts of wind blew westward, bridging the gap between the arctic and the wilds. the scout sat at the base of aspen and gazed pensively at its wilting leaves.

from what she could tell, awol's call didn't have a specific recipient. bhediya, who had been awaiting his return on ibis's recommendation, made haste in meeting him. how was your trip? she asked once close enough to be heard.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He had been thinking a lot about his last conversation with Ibis and the responsibility that he had accepted. He had his doubts, the memories of his past reminding him of all he had let down before. He feared this situation would end the same way, but he wouldn't let his fear keep him from upholding his promise to keep them safe and council Ibis whenever she needed it. He mulled over all of this while he made his way along their still somewhat precarious borders. The new responsibility had at least given him a distraction from the despair eating away at his soul, even if it did sometimes remind him of things he didn't want to think about. 

The call from the borders was not from anyone he recognized. Tension tightened his muscles as he paused his steps and turned his head in the direction of the howl. A deep inhale through his nose brought in the strangers scent, and he thought he had picked it up other places in the territory. It was possible this was just a packmate he hadn't met yet. Quickly, he trotted towards the place he thought the call had come from, slowing when he heard Bhediya's voice; it didn't sound distressed, furthering his assumption that this stranger was supposed to be here. 

When he finally arrived, he came to stand next to Bhediya, dipping his head in greeting to her before resting his gaze on the stranger. I'm Kavik, he said with another dip of his head. I don't think we've met. His expression remained calm but interested as he waited for the other man to introduce himself.
I'm no good without you
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Awol nodded at Bhediya and he newcomer, Kavik. "Hello to you both. I don't believe we have met, yes. I'm Awol, nice to meet you. In other news, The expedition went well. Lost Creek Hollow has agreed to establish an alliance with us," he spoke pensive yet respectful manner, with a hidden annoyed tone to his voice. While he was happy to a familiar face and a newcomer, he wanted to get the news said and done with Ibis so he could sink into another repose and maybe find something to eat. The young man needed time to think about what he was going to do. He was afriad of lying to her and going against her wishes for his selfish grudges held against absolute strangers.  

The chill whipped him away violently from his thoughts. The colder it got the more vulnerable the pack would be. Making or finding a camp would soon be in order. "Is there anything that I've missed? Pack wise I mean," he hopefully darted his eyes between the two. "Last time I spoke to Ibis, she was very vague about the leadership situation...anything about that perhaps?" Awol knew he should kept his thoughts away form the conversation, but he couldn't save himself from knowing. He wasn't keen on something important going on here without him.
place holder
common & german 

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
forming an alliance was a good start. it would help them through the coming stages of development which would be undoubtedly turbulent. bhediya thought about easthollow, blackfeather and wondered if either would follow suit. that's good, the scout replied. awol's tone was easier read than he may have intended. 

bhediya glanced at kavik. they'd been personally invited to the council and she knew that ibis planned to do the same with awol. it didn't feel right to share the news in the girl's place. bhe remained silent and waited for kavik's response.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It had not been her intention to sleep so long or so deeply, but she had, and the summoning howl by Awol did not penetrate the thick blanket of sleep which had ensnared her. She did wake up at the tail-end of the call, more of a knee-jerk reaction of her subconscious than anything, and slowly, groggily dislodged herself from a snowcapped hedge of roots where she had unwittingly fallen asleep in the first place. Ibis sniffled, blinked her drippy eyes and could not clear the haze from them even with the rubbing of her forelimbs, and wheezed a little sigh. Her cold had progressed - she looked sleepy, a little more ragged thanks to the famine, and had half a mind to go back to sleep... Except there was movement in the forest and voices, both of which things made her inquisitive. It was just a little cold, she would get over it.

Every few steps the nymph would sniffle, at least until her bose felt too tender from the cold dry air, and when she came upon the gathered wolves she paused before getting too close; the last thing Ibis wanted was to spread her worsening little bug to others, especially as she recognized the group was made up of the potential leadership council. There was Bhediya welcoming Awol - and there was Kavik, the dark shape she had followed. Glad as she was to see them all together and to have Awol home safe, she held her distance.

Welcome home Ahh-wul. She says, trying to enunciate despite the clogged sinuses. Ibis huffs a little cough with her head downturned from the gathering, and then takes a few steps closer, trying to do her job - and obviously interested in whatever Awol has accomplished - but she is too tired to smile.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik missed any annoyance that might have leaked through in the other man's tone or expression. Any discontent noticed would have been chalked up to being tired from his travels. It sounded like Awol had been successful. Good, alliances are helpful, especially right now, he stated. He thought it was odd that Bhediya didn't answer the man's question, instead falling silent and leaving it to hang awkwardly between the three of them. Considering she seemed to be on familiar terms with Awol. Not much has changed from what I can tell, he added after a few moments. We've been discussing leadership, but I suppose Ibis will want to fill you in on that. 

And as if the utterance of her name had summoned her to them, Ibis appeared on the scene. She seemed off, though—she looked tired and by the sniffling and the way her words seemed muffled in her throat, he surmised that she must be sick. He looked at her with concern. Ibis, are you okay? he asked. Is there a healer here that might be able to help you? Sickness spreading through the pack as they went into winter would not make things any easier for them. He hoped that it was something she could get better from soon; leading a new pack was arduous and stressful. Adding illness on top of that would make things tough for the new leader.
I'm no good without you
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Awol nodded towards Kavik's answer, not minding that Bhediya hadn't submitted her own input. He was a little bit annoyed he couldn't get more details, but his intrusive thoughts would have to take their own repose. As if the large male had summoned the woman with his reply, Ibis appeared to them. She didn't fully approach him, and he was overcome with nervousness.

"Is there a healer here that might be able to help you?"

Awol agreed with Kavik. "You look sick...we can find someone to help you," worriedly, he stepped a bit closer to her, but began t rethink it. Ever since beholding his mother's sickness, the ill had always made him cautious, and necessarily so. But he wished he could console her...

"I bear good news! Your father agreed an alliance. Since that's said and done...you can just rest and think about pack business later," he stated firmly, scotting close enough to her to gently touch her nose. He was having a nervous breakdown internally, screaming. The memories steadily flowed back this mental cache like viscous liquid. He slowly transitioned into placing his head on her shoulder. 

He was his friend's side again.
place holder
common & german 

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
tagging for reference.

a stifled whine fought at the back of bhediya's throat. it was difficult to see ibis ill but it was painful to watch awol's approach. the last thing that they needed was a large-scale outbreak of whatever sickness plagued the young leader. 

@Reiko! the scout shouted. it was an attempt to keep the two from touching, but it seemed that she'd been too late. reiko can help, i think. her voice returned to its normal level as she apologetically reeled inward. awol's right. you should rest, ibi.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Sorry for the weird phonetic speech, lol. She has a code in her node!

It was all a little bit overwhelming right now. She was dizzy and warm, and then there was Awol closing the distance and draping himself over her shoulders, sort-of. The contact wasn't an issue; Ibis had always been a very physical person and when she felt the weight on her back it became apparent just how much she missed cuddling up to her own family. It was a flash of nostalgia and loss, there and gone again.

She heard a choked sound coming from one of the gathered wolves—Bhediya. Then the mother shouted, and Awol was talking, and everyone seemed to be fussing so much over little Ibis—so, so overwhelming. She played it off with a weak smile and with some fidgeting until she was safely extricated from all of it.

The girl sniffled a bit, blinked away some fluid which had built up over her eyes, and looked at each of the wolves. Eager Awol, motherly Bhediya, the giant Kavik. They were all so different from the last. Ibis clears her throat—coughs a little, clears it again—and then with their attention gathered, tries to explain.

I'm habby they ah-greend. If win-der gets too hard for us maybe dey can helb. Sniffle. Um. I wan-ded us to meed up and talk. I'm... I'm nod sure I can lead by myself, but that's why I would like to asg for your helb. All of you. If you're willingk. A series of small phlegmy coughs catches in her throat and she looks away, huffing softly when the spasm passes, sniffling again. Ugh. Having a cold really sucked.

Then she was looking to them again, hopeful, if a little weathered due to the soggy nose and sleepy eyes. Kavik, Bhediya, Awol, wheeze will you... Helb me?
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Their concern was brushed off, but he hoped Ibis would get help from a healer anyway. All three of them were concerned, so surely she would take it seriously. He would keep an eye on her, though, just to make sure.

Next, she addressed the three of them together, explaining that she didn't think she could lead on her own and asking for their help. He already agreed to do as much, so he dipped his head in her direction. Of course, he replied. Whatever you need. He had promised that would, and he would keep that promise. Plus, he felt a little indebted to her for taking him and his daughter in during their time of need; he could do this much for her in return. And, it was good that there would be multiple leaders for her to lean on, too, not just him. Not that he wasn't capable, but his grief muddled his thoughts at times, and he'd hate to mess something up because of that. He glanced to the other two, curious about their responses but hoping they would also accept.
I'm no good without you
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I agree with Kavik," the young male said, nodding resfectfully towards the elder male. He looked experienced and wise, and the sacrred boy could faithfully agree with Ibis she had chosen someone indispensable at her side — he wondered if she thought of him that way. How could she, when he was keeping his selfish negotiations to his own. He then realized that it was becoming only colder the longer the stood out here.

Judging from his raw pads, he coud not stand another minute.

"I'm always here to assist you," he replied finally, letting the women have final say in the conversation.
place holder
common & german 

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
from the looks of it, ibis needed all of the help that she could get. you know i will, bhediya replied with a maternalistic frown, the first thing i'm going to do is go get reiko. it took all of the strength that she could muster to walk forward and press against ibi's ear. it's gonna be okay, she whispered, before turning and heading off to find the healer.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Everyone was in accord, which was a good development. She didn't anticipate any backlash for her choices as they seemed obvious; plus Ibis had already spoken to her biggest asset, Kavik. When they all spoke of their agreement though, Ibis took a laboured breath and felt some of her worries evaporate. This fell to coughing, to an ugly display (and very unladylike) as she spat a wad of phlegm away from the gathering.

Bhediya mentioned Reiko again and Ibis nodded, sniffling, and moved to try and walk alongside her, although it didn't take long before the girl was out of breath and faltering. I'll.. I'll wait here. She intones as best she can with her slurred and sickly speech. She gives the others a quick glance and a dismissive little nod—I'm sure there are more important things to handle out there in the woods, please, don't let me keep you.
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
LOL waited for a few posts to make her entrance timing make sense, just for this thread to get flooded in one day! xD NEVER FEAR, REIKO IS HERE! BYE BEHDIYA LMFAO

She had to organize her herbs, away from the damp snow that would soften their leaves and rot their uses should the snow kiss them with that deadly grip. Carefully placing them in a deep, dry den, hidden within and under a bush as an entrance to keep the snow even more so at bay. It would work for now - unless there was a random thaw that came and drowned everything... but then she would just need to keep a close eye on the weather - it should work for this winter at least. 

In the midst of her little organizing, she was summoned! Me? Even in the confusion, she was already off, away toward the call with quick little feet and long strides. Why was she being summoned? Did they need a medic? It only made sense, that was the only thing she had to give for now.

I was summoned? Shyly she took a look around at the little gathering, everyone here looked so important - especially the large dark male, he was intimidating to look at. Ducking away, she caught a glimpse of Ibis and a soft gasp caught her throat. Immediately the shy little girl had gone, turning to face each member remaining near Ibis, she spoke firmly while trying to push them away with nudges. We don't know what she has! Stay clear, it could be infectious - the last thing we need is all of us to get sick. Her on the other hand, offered a shoulder for Ibis to lean on away from the intimidating giant instead - she was the nurse, after all, it was up to her to keep this contained and nurse herself.  

How long as your nose been running, Ibis?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.