Wheeling Gull Isle where I'm going you'll be far away
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 
fuck timelines idk when this is but after Ying drama thread and before aiolos×ruo, looking for @Aiolos

Still her soul was weighed heavy with thoughts on Ying. The idea of an exile was ripening in her mind, and still she could not will herself to do such a thing. But each interaction they had, Huā would trust her at one, distrust her at the other. She had a bad feeling about the silver girl and her constant expeditions to the land, her constant interaction with random strangers. Would she want someone so chaotic around when she was raising future children?

And yet- she thought of the times they'd spent together as children, their overcoming of their slavery, their joining into Rusalka as a team. The three of them had been inseparable.

But Ying was changed- the time in Rusalka had stirred up some ambition within her, leading her to attempt challenges- challenges that got the three essentially kicked out, or at least this was how Huā viewed it. And now that same determination led Ying to create her own army. Ambition was a dangerous thing for an emperor to see in their peoples; some ambition was good, but too much could lead to instability. 

As she considers it, she also thinks of Hydra. Hydra, who made her thoughts and intentions known, who ruled with an iron fist and kept her people under control. And those who disobeyed faced whatever sort of punishment that panther saw fit. Huā looked upon her and felt fear, but also respect. The woman was the perfect image of a strong empress who didn't take bullshit from anyone. Huā ought to look after her as an example, to be bold in her actions and hold loyalty above blood. It only seemed like the right thing to do as a real leader- she could not rely on her blood forever. Not anymore. 

These thoughts, and even more, plagued Huā's mind as she roamed the edge of the coast at dawn, marking the borders every so often as she could.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
It was not only Hua who's words from @Ying weighed hard. Aiolos had kept a fair distance from everyone since joining the ranks on the island which was not at all which he had originally hoped for. He saw less of Ruo now then he had when he was a loner. He saw less in Ying since he had as a loner. Not that he did not both admire and fear her strength and determination, but the harshness of it all. (And soon to learn it was not even upon Hua's ruling) Aiolos had not even known Ruo had thought of him in such a manner and to think Ying was saying they were to be wed if they were to touch? Well, Aiolos hadn't even thought that was on the table! 

The young flame was confused as ever, just moving along and trying to get to know these knew lands (and island all to itself) that he would now be calling home. On the outskirts he strode once more, the beach side more towards the southern portion, debating if he should leave the island for a time to ponder his thoughts and perhaps hunt or recruit. It was here on this early dawn, with the sky still alight with pinks and oranges, he would find his Empress. 

All alone, Empress? His ginger ears fell, head falling to and tilting out to the side to take a look at her features as he shifted around her side. She looked plagued with wonder and worry, just as he.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
A voice disturbed her, but not a disturbance at all. She barely knew Aiolos, yet already she trusted him more than anyone else, alongside Mei. She was sure he would be a fantastic member of the pack- her only worry was his prior involvement with Ying. What plans did he know of that she didn't? What terrible intentions did he have in joining Ying's unapproved army? Still, she offered him a gentle smile, doing her best to shoo the worry away from her expression.

Hi, Aiolos. She greets quietly, not wanting to disturb the still-sleeping creatures amidst the dimness of dawn. Deciding she could open up to him a little, she offers, You just the face I need see right now. I been so stressed lately... It hard to trust some people. Becoming leader has shown me that some people I think I can trust, I really can not. Even you, are better member than some my own family... Shd sighs honestly, tail dropping as she gazes up at him.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Her voice is a delicate whisper of his name, a flow in the Sea's salty breeze. When she begins, he listens on as ever, ginger ears once more perking high at attention though his body remains a slouch - Aiolos is a tall, lean man and more often then not would crumple himself down into the height level of those he was around so long as they were women. 

She is a new leader, distressed and it has come to her attention that those she called blood and loved deeply could not be trusted. A bitter taste fills Aiolos' mouth. Jealousy can be thick among family. Children growing of equal age and equal knowledge will squabble amongst each other trying to decide who is better fit for the job. What matters is, if your family truly loves you, truly trusts you, they will give you a fair chance and they will be open and honest when they think your doing something wrong, not conspire. 

His shoulders roll for a shrug then. But hey, what do I know about good family. Mine sure wasnt. He stopped quick, biting his tongue when doing so which caused him to wince. The last thing he wanted was to let Hua in on his horrible past and how distrusting of family he was. That sure as hell wasnt going to help.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Aiolos spoke in true wisdom, and even with her poor english his ideas brought her awe. He was a smart boy, and understanding, with a heart- unknowing of Ruò's claim on him, she wondered why Ying hadn't tried to sleep with him yet. But thank god- at least some men in her pack needed to be clean from the girl. She nods at his words, listening intently. He seemed to know exactly what to say. Aiolos, I really thankful for you words. You speak very true. But I think that they do not really love me- because they go behind my back. They not trust me. Ying... the army you join, I not approve it. I mean, I know why she do it- with good intent- but she never ask me, never even let me know. She sighs heavily, presently not considering what a heavy load of information it could be for Aiolos.

And then, hesitantly- Aiolos. I am nervous girl... I always worry. So... if Ying try hurt me... you side with her? Or you help me? I just scared of her now... She not like me anymore... 

At the mention of his family, she's not sure whether to ask for more information. On one hand, sharing heavy experiences was often a good way to bond and a great way to vent. On the other hand- often those sorts of topics were too heavy to even discuss. She knew for certain that talking about the abuse she went through was no easy thing. And so she would simply offer, We can talk about, if you want.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Hua did not seem upset with his words nor did she object to them. Her dusky black skull nods and she continues on. What he had not expected was a confirmation of whom exactly she was speaking of. She wanted advice and Aiolos could even see why she would want it from him. He was new, a foreigner not of the family. He could be completely unbiased and speak the truth. Still he was not expecting to hear Ying's name cross her dark mug and the surprise of it was left evident on his face. He understood exactly why Ying had formed the group, why she thought it a good idea and a way to protect and unite the local packs with one large solid force. But she didnt tell her leader? He expected when Ying went to other packs, she spoke to their Lead, so why did she not consul Hua when it involved her members and making an alliance with others? 

He nods, lost for words though it is obvious he had not known. Not that it would have mattered then given the fact that he had been but a loner. She admits her faults - her worry, her nervousness, her untrusting towards Ying and in the end, fear. A fear of what her sister may do. It caused a frown to deepen over his expression. A leader should not act like this. Should not be fearful of her subordinates, shouldnt need to worry, to question every turn. Maybe that's why Ying acted against her and why Hua couldnt trust anyone else to share her secrets with... You think she'd really hurt you? Attack you? She wanted to know who's side Aiolos would choose and he gulps. Oh boy. What had he gotten into... If she flat out attacked you..then yes, I'd protect you. If she challenged?

He shifts, taking a step back and moving in front of Hua so he could look at her directly. A pack wont survive if a leader's position is questioned. It strives by unity. It's a pack after all. If Ying isnt happy with your rule, she should discuss it with you or challenge it. Sneaking around, speaking against leadership rules, it doesnt just hurt the leader... it tears the whole pack apart and no one wins.  And confuses the hell out of its members who wouldnt know who to turn to for guidance. You should not be afraid. Your our Empress and should reflect that. You should speak with Ying and if words do not work, then a challenge. I know Ying is a warrior and that's not fair if your not. Not all who are the strongest should lead because of it... And Hua likely wasnt.  So maybe a vote amongst the pack? Just do it right. 

Though he could understand if she was afraid she would loose, if she didnt want to loose. No one did. But if the pack fell apart because of this then there would be no one to lead anyhow. After a pause, she then asks if he wanted to talk about his past. He shifts hesitantly, falling to a sit in front of her. I uhh... if you want me to. While he had no problem speaking of the Nereides and their ways. Speaking of his family pack which they had raided...well, that was a little different.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
im... so sorry for the wait on this. don't know how Iet it go so long- forgive me!!! :"( we can wrap

When Aiolos spoke her fears back to her, they sounded irrational. She had to admit it- why was she so paranoid of such things? Fearful that her own precious sister would hurt her? The nervousness lingered, but she knew how silly she looked- and was ashamed. Aiolos said he would protect her if she was attacked, which soothed her... until he claimed that in the case she was challenged, the same may not be true. The dolphin listened on as the lion spoke, each of his words found true as she admitted it. If Ying wanted to challenge, she ought to be straightforward. Not secretive, organizing little armies behind her back. It was a... rat thing to do. Pathetic. 

The second part, Aiolos' advice, made her nervous and yet she found solace with it. She had to be confident in her choices, confident in herself and her position... not like a child protecting a pearl from gulls, afraid they may steal it away... it was hers, and if someone tried to take it, so be it. She would cross that bridge when she came to it. When he suggested a vote among the pack, she felt protective suddenly again. No! It's my role! Mine! Not exactly her thoughts, but something childish like this- and immediately she realized what a fool she was. She needed to change her path of thought. Her perspective was still that if a young girl- and she knew, to be a good leader, she would have to lead like an adult. This was a problem that would need much more time of thought, to mull over how she should address it. But for now, she offered Aiolos an honest message, Thank you, Aiolos. You are wise man. I will take your word to my heart... think about all. She dipped her head respectfully to him, before lifting it again. 

He didn't seem too eager to talk about his past... and knowing wnat he had said prior, she figured perhaps it was a rough memory. Maybe not something he wanted to discuss. The fact that his wording was if you want me to made that clear, and so she shook her head slowly. Ah... maybe we wait I know you better. Later. And that time, I will give you my story, too. She found there were no more questions buzzing within, and that she had come to something of a solution drawn from his lips... and so she finally dipped her head to him, quietly departing with a wave of her tail behind her.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Ending post for this ol thing!

The Empress spoke her thanks, dipping her head to him both in respect and appreciation. It was something he could never imagine a Nereides might have done when directly a male, be in good advice or not. Then again, he didnt really recall a woman needing advice from man. These lands were far different, this was for certain. In his time away from that island and now this one, he was beginning to settle well in to not only a placement of quality but a placement where he held rank joined with the woman ranking and thus held higher ranking above some of the females. It was odd, to say the least. 

Taking note of his discomfort in bringing up his childhood, Hua dimissed the idea. Saying that within time, perhaps. When maybe he knew her better, could be more comfortable with it. Even goes to say she would tell of her part too in order to make things equal. He nods, a small smile offered in a silent thanks to this. Then he would bow his muzzle downward, Empress he speaks his farewell. Would have tipped his hat if he had one and could, and then he too turned and made way.
moonglow daddy