Stone Circle My reign has not ended but help would be nice
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger

Valette watched the pack grown bigger and bigger. They had been with so few after the earthquakes but wolves have returned. Some of her children had even returned. It made the female very happy to have her children return, however, since Greyback stepped down from leadership after the whole Vespera debacle, she had been the sole leader once more. It was not her preferred way of leading, often it came from necessity, but now she had many family members she could take some help.

The Matriarch had noticed how Siarut had intercepted intruders and helped her with the borders. Same was for her sister. She trusted her judgement and didn't feel like she needed to check the newcomers that wanted to join. It would give her a lot of extra time. Hence why she was calling the both of them to the Stone circle to ask them to help her. It would not a big chance for them since they were already doing these tasks anyhow. And it would be nice that if she would have another litter with Greyback that she would have some extra time for that as well...
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook was quick to heed her sister's summons, some energy having returned after the weirdness of the past four weeks -- and, not to mention, her appetite. She had confided these trivial changes to none but her sister, Siarut, and the internal organization of her own busy brain, noting down her most recent development: a gentle roundness to her abdomen that she had never quite experienced before. She had always been a wisp of a thing, wiry as a child, malnourished as a youth, toned by travel in her most recent years, so this was an anomaly. Perhaps if her sister noticed, then this would be a surer sign than her own deductions that her growing... bumpiness?... was something different than a result of her sudden voracity to eat.

She came into Stone Circle alone, but imagined Siarut was on his way. Nanook offered her sister a warm smile and an affectionate kiss to her chin.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
And sure enough, the man was not far behind his mate. He current task not far from the stone circle and the waiting Matriarch. Smiling softly at the two women, he dipped his head to Valette. A customary etiquette driven into him by his father. “Valette.” He offered softly, glancing between his mate and his sister-in-law. Curious.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was pleased to see both of them here. The female took notice the most when her sister arrived. Her sister seemed rounder and fuller than she had ever before so yeah, the matriarch took notice. She had given permission to breed to the couple, so it would not be that silly to think that her sister might be pregnant. But it was exceptional that Nanook would be pregnant. Valette eyed over her with a grin, however, then Siarut came and she needed to get back to business. She could ask her sister later, or after this.

"So let me get straight to my point. You two have been extremely helpful with Easthollow and managing it. This is something that I've been doing for a while myself but I realized how great it was that you two were helping me. So... I wanted to ask if you would become Betas of this pack. Currently, it is called Associate but I'm not sure if we should change it. Anyhow, it will basically be a Beta position for the both of you," she spoke with a grin. "So the question is if you want a leadership role in this pack."
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Her sister didn't need to say anything for Nanook to know that she knew. That grin spoke enough. Excitement pricked at Nanook's skin, and a flashing anxiety. She drew backward with an equal smile, a conspiratorial one shared between them both. They would discuss this later.

Nanook turned to Siarut and gave a soft nudge to his cheek, before returning her ears to Valette. The question was one her sister had proposed numerous times before -- and each time, Nanook's answer had been the same. She saw no reason for things to be different now. Pregnancy hadn't slowed Valette down. There was no reason it should affect her, either. So Nanook tipped her head with a simple nod, "You know I delight to serve our family. I would be honoured," but with this, she finished, and cast a sidelong glance to gauge her mate's response. Presumably, he would be just as eager as she to take up the responsibility, perhaps even more. He had always loved to lead -- but then again, sometimes people surprised you.
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The statement came as a surprise to the northern man. Mostly because he couldn’t fathom being deserving of the trust that Valette bestowed upon him. Her trust in Nanook, of course. But him? It wasn’t that he was disloyal, in fact it was quite the opposite. It did warm his heart to feel a sense of belonging once again. To know that he had indeed found a new family in all those that belonged to Easthollow. But the prospect still filled him with dread, and anxiety filled his heart. His last attempt at leadership hadn’t ended well.

Nanook spoke first, understanding and conviction in her tone. As she glanced at him, he glanced back at her. Wrestling with the proposition in his heart and in his mind. She, as always, was his rock. She steadied him. This was a chance to try again, and contribute his well earned skill more fully. Returned his gaze to that of the Matriarch, Siarut gave a small dip of his head. “I am greatly moved by your trust in me Valette. I am at your disposal, in any capacity. I too would be honoured to serve you and your family.” With that, his decision was made.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's tail started to wag when she got the answers. She was pleased to have them both say yes. She yipped and gave them a grin. "Good, you deserve it," she responded. She then turned to Siarut. "Of course, we especially have fended of many from our border and I trust your judgement in taking care of such matters," she spoke. "Although, we do need to sit together one day and give you an update on my children and what they look like," she gently teased the male, knowing that he had mistaken Clay for a trespasser. She didn't blame the male as he didn't know. She totally expected a remark back that she had many, so now they are on the subject...

"I see I won't be the only one with pups this season," she grinned at her sister then. "I am happy for you two." She had given Siarut permission after all, and it seemed her sister was ready to have some of her own. She was really curious to see Nanook as a mother. It was something she had not expected to see really, hence why this was extra sweet to see.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
As always, Siarut's face remained steady, but Nanook had known him long enough. Even now she wondered what thoughts stormed beneath the surface of the glance he returned her. She would inquire later. His consensus brought a glow to her inquiring eyes. She knew her husband had not had the best run in leadership, and she knew of his insecurities, but they had worked to overcome them. Nanook swelled with pride for the man she had chosen, and saw his acceptance of this proposal as another step toward healing.

She returned a smile to Valette, humoured as always by her chipper attitude, and delighted by the bonds she saw budding between her sister and her mate. Nanook smirked at Siarut when Valette mentioned the mishap at the border. All had been righted, of course, but she still couldn't help but give her mate a teasing grin and a bump of her shoulder.

Speaking of bumps -- a shy laugh surfaced from between Nanook's lips, and she smiled a smile that reached the depths of her eyes. "So I am pregnant, then." She had been both certain and not certain, but this confirmed everything, and she laughed with the sudden excitement that ran through her nerves. She wished to embrace her mate, tackle him down, laugh with him -- and that would come, later. Her eyes now traced her sister's contours which... didn't look much different than always. But she asked, because Valette always knew better in these things -- "And you are pregnant, too?"
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The matriarch teased him and Siarut found this to be much more comfortable than the praise she had offered earlier. Shaking his head, the man offered a small smile and the rolling of his eyes. He had been overjoyed that Valette hadn’t held any hard feelings about the whole event. And as Nanook’s belly grew each day, Sia wasn’t sure he would have the same self restraint. His overprotective urges already growing at the though of his children waiting to be born. He was sure Nanook would grow annoyed by his demeanour soon enough. But he trusted she would never leave him, especially not over something as trivial as his over bearing personality.

Siarut couldn’t help the beaming smile, a true and genuine grin, that spread across his face at the mention of their children. His tail swayed behind him, and he took a small step toward his wife. He was clearly overjoyed. He turned a quizzical eye on Valette at Nanook’s question. He hoped the two sisters could finally enjoy motherhood at the same time. As usual he remained quiet letting the conversation flow around him, waiting for Val’s reply.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at her sister with a mild shock. "I've hoped you realized this before I mentioned it?," she spoke and looked at her sister for a long second. She shook her head in disbelief. She hoped she hadn't given her sister too much of a shock, but by the looks of it, Nanook seemed alright with it. Which was better than expected. Since she wasn't sure if she wanted to deal with a meltdown/panicked Nanook. Now she thought about it, she had not seen that side of her sister in a long time.

The matriarch sighed and then shook her head. "Not yet," she admitted. "My heat hasn't come yet but I think it will be soon and then of course Greyback and I will mate. So I do plan on having pups this year. How fun! They can grow up with yours!," she beamed. How exciting to be pregnant at the same time with her sister. Her fertility had never disappointed her before so the female wasn't really expecting herself without a litter this year. "I'm very happy for you two."