Blacktail Deer Plateau this world is only gonna break your heart
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
you are not losing me, arthur; but in arcturus' mind, he was. he knew the moment he had embarked on this journey, that every day with wraen was on borrowed time -- that someday, she might grow tired of his presence and seek someone new.

the small, shy smile that made her way to her features seemed to soften in lovely lines across her face. arcturus felt his heart quicken. misfits that they may be, arcturus had only ever believed -- and firmly too -- that he belonged to wraen.

if there was one thing that rung true for him as it did with wraen, it was uncertainty and lack of control. arcturus had left moonspear for that very reason alone -- he would not be the square peg forced into a round hole. he looked to the ground, distraught still and feeling no bloom of gentle hope: "i promise." his voice was ushered and quiet, imbued with a fervent volition he would die to keep.

there were thoughts he could not speak upon, and sometimes things he wished to come to be that he was too afraid to act upon; but he would do his very best to uphold that promise to wraen, come death or dissolution. working up the courage to speak was one thing -- laying his hopes and dreams so plainly on the ground, to be dismantled and ruthlessly picked over like a corpse under bleaching sun and ruthless vultures -- arcturus hardly found it pleasant. and yet, he would have happily cracked open his skull, unlocked the prism of his mind, and handed it to wraen any day -- if only so she could see and understand the innerworkings of a mind that not even he understood.

"i will never give up on us." arcturus mumbled into the cold wind, bringing his gaze to wraen slowly. liquid as his eyes were, they were full of conviction and adoration -- both in equally strong measures. "i'm sorry. i should not have tried to fix .. you. it does not change my feelings for you. it never has. and i will be happy, for the rest of my life, as long as i get to walk besides you."
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 08:52 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 09:08 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 09:35 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 10:00 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 10:17 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 07, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 07, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 18, 2020, 09:42 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 24, 2020, 06:47 PM