Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
All Welcome 
Kigipigak crossed westward while the sun shone. He glimpsed some shapes moving on the horizon which looked like a fox and a bear roaming together, from a distance, and chose to split away from their trajectory rather than investigate.

As the ground became sodden and recessed he realized his blunder; spring was a wet season in this part of the world and as such, the marsh was ripe with standing water. He was mud-slicked and green stained by the time he found solid earth again.

Kigipigak hoisted himself from the mire and hastily shook the dampness from his shoulders, which did not work as efficiently as he would have liked, and then stopped when something moved among the reeds. It sounded like large fish or something slippery, moving across the mud in haste.
Tu me rends malade, et j'adore ça...
30 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

It had been a couple days since the Tundrian of duskfire had accepted his stay into the pack -- and his promise to work on behalf of the mouths that needed feeding, and the many more mouths that would be birthed from mothers soon. Pups were not new to the Archer's eyes -- aunt Noelle had given birth to many litters during Kaster’s stay, and aided her in taking care of them. She loved children -- that was for sure, and while much of his personality was picked up from the woman’s own, a love for children was not one of them.

They drove him absolutely fucking nuts. Let's hope he'll survive after the ones in the glacier were brought up.

He had departed from the frozen territory not too long ago to search for food and begin filling up the cache's, when he'd soon stumble upon a swamp like area -- a marsh more like it, with ground that gave in beneath his feet. The archer grimaced at the feeling beneath his legs and would've left if it weren't for a sloshing sound to reach his dark audits -- were there fish about?

Though it was not a fleshy, fined creature that caught his attention first, but the sight of a larger, pale furred male in the distance. He was disinterested at first and was about to turn away, but the scars from the distance he stood -- Kaster recognized them. No that, couldn't have been him.

"Hey, moche." Except Reinhardt couldn't help but find out for himself, because even the scent that fumed off of them was too farmiliar to be a coincidence. His eyes raised upon calmed, half-lidded blues, a mixture of recognition and slight amusement. "I would've thought the snowstorm killed you, yet it seems you still walk."

The Archer
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak was drawn in to a staring contest with the dark recesses of the mire, head up and ears front-facing, as he tried to witness whatever creature had broken the stillness. What came later - and from a different direction entirely - was a voice he did not recognize.

When the young man deigned his quarry too elusive to catch by eye, he turned to regard the stranger that now approached. Kigipigak thought if the blizzard and finally put the face to a memory.

Ah! The man with a woman's hole. It didn't occur to Kigipigak now bizarre that might sound, especially given his enthusiasm. I see your snow bunnies kept you well warmed.

His tail whisked the air. We are both so lucky. I found shelter among a forest tribe. What of you? Kigipigak had thought of Rivenwood often, yet could not bring himself to name it now.
30 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

Kaster would raise a brow -- then a side lip in displeasure. Whether the prince was just told that he had a woman's rear end or if the pale bafoon was referring to the dig out he'd made didn't matter to him -- it was just a reminder of how teeth-grating his presence had been in the past. That being the case, why did Kaster decide to approach in the first place? To berate him out of pettiness for last time, or to search for what he assumed were fish lurking in this marsh?

Why not both then?

"I pity the forest tribe then," the archer commented, the grimace on his face smoothing into something more placid as he trudged closer -- walking a few inches ahead of the yearling while frosted eyes searched beneath himself. The boy's enthusiasm around him very much confused the archer who was not used to such a thing, but he simply brushed it of and continued. 

The question of what he'd been up to this winter earned an annoyed frown from his maw. It was not so much directed to Kigigpigak (or maybe it was, since it seems to be the only facial expression he could make around him), but moreso at the order of shitty events which blew over his plans to stay dormant that winter. "Wandering outside the wilds until it blew over..."

He left out the part concerning Rivenwood, as he didn't wish to admit the details just yet. At least, until the moment allowed it...

The Archer
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
This is what he missed about his home, right here. The bantering of warriors. Brothers holding secret counsel and filling the air with jokes. Things kept from the ear of their mother.

Kigipigak did not see a difference between the obnoxious masculinity of those warriors and the irritation of this man; it was all a part of the behaviors he had learned growing up and erroneously interpreted in the present.

Yes, I was with them until the winterstorm ended. Spring came, and I was offered the chance to become a father - but I am young, it would not have satisfied me to settle this early in life. It was half a boast, but fully true. Kigipigak laughed as he followed the other man.

I am happier out here, where I can do as I please!
30 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

He lent an ear to listen to the young Tundrian's tales -- despite his outward disinterest, a small part of him was half interested to hear how he hadn't been pummeled to death by snow despite his clear ignorance that winter. Looked as though luck was on the yearling's side and he managed to find a pack before that happened, though whatever this 'forest tribe' was is beyond Kaster's knowledge.

"You made a good decision. If I were you, I wouldn't be passing my shit genes down to innocent children either." His sarcasm was said with a falsely serious tone as he trudged through the water's with Kigi trailing behind. Other than the casual bitchiness being spewed from the woodlander's mouth, there was something genuine in his words. The boy was a borderline teenager in Kaster's eyes and the thought of having children around his age just didn't sit right with him. Baring kids required a bit of maturity, no?

After a while of walking, his sharp glacial gaze would take notice of something dark moving in the waters before him, and he paused, using a tail to make an attempt at blocking the Tundrian's path should he move any further -- if that was a fish, he didn't want any sudden movements scaring it away. The archer would then turn to Kigi, pausing for a bit before questioning: "You've hunted before, yes?"

The Archer
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak scoffed at the man's humorless comment, but didn't rebuke him for it. It was a part of the masculinity game they now jousted with. What the man said fell in line with what Kigipigak thought already - not that he had shit genes but the other part, about it being a good decision. He knew he was not ready to be a father. Having only recently met adulthood, Kigipigak had a lot more growing and exploring to do (not that he was aware of that metric on a conscious level).

You've hunted before, yes? Kaster queried next, veering the conversation away from one topic to another. Kigipigak welcomed the shift.

Every day, he states. Otherwise I'd have starved to death.

It was a ridiculous question. As a hale and hearty adult, having both survived the terrible winter, they both had to know how to sustain themselves. Kigipigak snorts and says, Is that your attempt at an invitation? With two of us we can bring down something a little bigger than your little rabbits!