Lion Head Mesa 鳥 tori-darake no hara
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
All Welcome 
The days had flown by. She was growing thick at the belly to the point now that, should anyone see her in profile, it would be obvious.
That morning Satsu had woken to her bed being damp and she felt the heat of embarrassment; when she moved to clean herself, expecting some foul smell, she did not know what it was that soaked her. It was something expressed from her belly and it lacked a smell - but this sent her in to a flurry of concern and panic, so she called for @Tavina promptly.
Immediately after that, as she felt exposed suddenly, she carefully positioned herself so that the bedfurs were collected around her middle as if to shelter the secret of her changing figure, despite knowing that the servant was one of the trusted few who already knew.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
satsu was solemn and drawn when tavina entered the room. "your highness," the sesh murmured. there was an odorless tang to the air. something was off. she stepped toward the bed with brow furrowed. tavina eyed the way that the queen had bunched the coverlets around herself.

"are you bleeding?" she asked at last, lowering her voice. such things happened early in pregnancy, but satsu was not so firstly along. nevertheless, the loss of a litter was something many women suffered, especially the first time.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
tavina arrived and satsu could not meet her eye.
when asked after her condition, the queen shuffled a little, bunching the pelts even closer. no, lashes fluttering, panic on the fringe of her voice -
no, it isn't... it isn't that.
now pushing the pelts away, which did nothing for the warmth in her face and neck as her swollen belly and teats became exposed, satsu spoke softly as if someone in the hall might hear her.
i woke up... ah, wet. is something wrong?
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
making assumptions!

tavina leaned forward. the sweet smell of amniotic fluid drifted to her practiced nostrils. "your children want to be born. but it is not time."

she kept her voice even to prevent panic. "have you been experiencing contractions?" she touched the growing belly, searching for the blooming shapes of the cubs.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
satsu adjusted herself, finding that tavina's touch brought some discomfort. she squirmed and grit her teeth as she tried to find some way to orient her growing belly so that the doctor could investigate, while also holding firm to any comfort she could find. it was a balancing act.
contractions? no. i have my aches and pains from trying to sleep, and a sore back... but nothing like that. i don't think so anyway. as she adjusted this last time, a high toot signaled from her behind and she blushed furiously. oh, oh i'm -- i could not help that.
the dampness came from her teats. her bed was soaked through with a thin, watery fluid similar to the milk that would have been for her children. the amniotic scent was strongest among the top-most layer of bedclothes, as it spoiled the air.
satsu could not tell apart any of these things and began to express worry via panting, looking frantic.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
tavina did not so much as blink as the sound and the smell filled the small room. "it is natural, royal one. the children fill your belly and press upon all parts of your gut."

"your breasts are ready to nurse them," she said of the queen's dripping nipples. it was all a very harsh time of adjustment. and ramesses somehow remained oblivious!

"do not worry. it is all normal." tavina began to clear the soaked bedclothes. "but i need you to rest. stay in your rooms." her lips curved in a smile. "very soon you will be a mother, my queen. have you decided who will feed your brood? perhaps i can find a wet nurse before the time comes."
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
Rest. Satsu could rest until they came; if she could find comfort with the bed furs, or a good position, she would try. It was an uncomfortable sensation - like being full in all the wrong places - but Tavina said it would be alright, and Satsu had to trust in her.
Thank you. I will rest, then. A thin smile, as the queen sighed through her nose and began awkwardly waddling about, seeking some solace from her bodily changes.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
there was no answer, but the sesh understood the queen was understandably distracted.

she bowed lowly and backed from the apartments as satsu settled to sleep. preparations must be made.