Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
All Welcome 
her sides had begun to round.

each day tamar marvelled at how her body was changing. the sickness appeared to have subsided, replaced by a ravening hunger that kept arsenio on the hunt.

soon they would go home, and she hoped it would be with aquene and kallik.

for now the young woman stepped toward the tablinum, seeking a drink from the pool.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson made his way on lumbering paws towards the pack caches near the housing. The ewe was upon his broad shoulders and a bone with fur and small pieces in his maw. It was awkward and strange, and blood dripped down his back, but it had been the easiest way to carry it.

He was a bit oblivious to those around him. Though he was trying not to run into anyone. He wanted to lay this nearest the dens for mothers. Though he had learned his lesson not to lay it near their den mouths as he had done in his former pack.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
when tamar looked up, she found she was not alone.

"hello," she told the man she presumed to be a soldier. "i am tamar. arsenio and i are founding epoch in the vale."

and she had once lived here.

"can i help you with a task?" she looked at the bloodied mass he carried.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson heard a voice and looked beneath the weight of the ewe. He lay the bundle in his mouth down.

Well met, Lady Tamar. I'm Reyson Ebonywood.

He nodded. I would appreciate it. Going to put it in the cache nearest the mothers dens so easy access.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
he had a formal name.

but this time she was not reminded of akashingo.

"i am pleased this place has so many mothers. in many ways, it reminds me of where i was born." tamar would help where directed, moving lightly.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had chosen his own name. He kept the name his mother had given him before she died. And he had added the last for the tree he had made his home under. It was as part of him as most everything else. And it suited him he felt.

He tore off a chunk of the leg that dangled over his shoulder and was giving him so much trouble. The crack loud in the area. He lay it down for her to carry, he felt she could handle that.

You were not born near here? He asked kindly.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar shook her head.

"i was born very far from here. and very deep in the desert." she grew soft with remembering. "the canyon also brings those memories with the red sand."

tamar fell silent. she enjoyed their conversation but presently a sickness had come up and grabbed her throat. she sat down, quite nauseated. it was the meat, and she was surprised.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson listened. The desert, if memory served it was a dry, desolate place. He had lost men on forays to the desert, more to lack of water than death by battle. It had been awful. Though she sounded fond of it, though if you were born there, perhaps you were made of different stock.

He lay his burden down and looked to her. Are you alright? He wasn't sure what had transpired, but she seemed almost ill. It was then that he truly took notice of her, the gentle widening sides, though he couldn't be certain, he wondered. But for now he would wait until she spoke again, if she could. He probably wouldn't be much help in any capacity, but he would try.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar nodded.

"i think so." she swallowed. the smell of the meat still sickened her and she was not sure how she would carry it. but she had offered her help. 

resolutely she picked the piece up with her teethtips and stood, motioning for reyson to lead on while her gut burbled uncertainly.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was unsure, but she seemed resolute in her actions. He repositioned his burgens and led the way. Mind casting about to figure out what was wrong.

Luckily it was not a far trip and once they got there he was able to put his down quickly and turn to help her.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
she was grateful to let it go.

tamar smiled at reyson.

"you are hunting for aquene and towhee and ruenna." it was an observation. her pale eyes came to rest upon his own.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson moved the food as far from her as he could and immediately started to dig to fill the cache. He thought the meat was causing vapors that were making her ill

Reyson stopped his ministrations. Placing the meat inside and nodded.

yes they have the future in their paws. The least I can do is hunt. They have done hard work. Their husbands hunt too, but they also must split their time. I am more free to roam and hunt.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar looked at him.

"aquene was a healer. and then she married a soldier she liked."

kallik was very gruff but it was also transparently clear that he adored his wife. there were not many eligible women in mereo. except for fennec, but tamar had only seen her in passing. and it did not seem as though she enjoyed company.

the scholar was still curious.

"is that something you want? to be a father?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He met the gaze of the quiet woman beside him, and then put his eyes back to his work. Listening to her. He nodded his head, he had guessed as much about Aquene, but he hadn't asked, it was not his place. And he even liked her husband well enough.

Reyson lifted his head. Amusement on his face and he shook his head no.

I have never thought of it, but probably not. All things told. Pups make me nervous. Too little. What if I break them? Or i'm too rough with them. I am not small. And I am not weak. I would not forgive myself. And you can't reason with them.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar smiled.

"but you learn all of those things as you watch them grow."

her eyes were bright. "i learned with my sisters and my brothers."

pain, and then sickness once more. tamar dulled. "i am going to be sick, i —" she scrambled toward the stones just in time.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled. Perhaps you do. But i do not know if that will be in the cards for me.

He lifted his head as she ran from him a frown on his face. Are you okay? Do you need me to get healer Aquene or mint?

He studied her with a furrow in his brow. Ginger too. Though he wasn't certain if it was okay for mothers.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
fade w ur next post? <3

"no, i —"

the young woman sighed. "will you help me to walk to where aquene is?"

her voice was wan. "pregnancy is not so easy as i thought it would be."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded. Gladly.

Then he'd offer his broad side and back for her to lean should she need and with slow mincing steps he'd help her to the healer. A furrow would stay in his brow until he delivered her safely.