Ouroboros Spine Patrol
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
All Welcome 
Qadira was on her usual route on the spine, dark green eyes scanning around her. She scraped her claws through the bark of a tree, paused to examine some prey tracks, and then continued on. She let out a low call as she went.
Physical Health (100/100)

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn did not recognize the call that went up, but it asked for Moonglow wolves. So, he moved from his comfortable position, one last look at the small den he was building. And then loped towards the call, ears forward, long black legs tearing up the ground.

He came across a female larger than even he. It was actually kind of mind boggling, because he was not a small wolf by any means. She reminded him of some of the timber wolves that had lived near his family as a youngling.

He chuffed gently, and moved into her sight. She smelled like the others. Hello. I'm Rodyn Ardeth. I don't think we've met. I heard your call though. Patrolling the borders, I'd like to offer my assistance if you'd take it.

He stood still waiting. He didn't want to just jump in without at least introducing himself, and besides, she may have wanted one of the wolves she knew. It was clear she had been here longer than he.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Tag for reference, let me know if this isn't okay, as I'm explaining her NPC status ICly.

A male she knew by sight but not name appeared before her, and she chuffed lowly, dipping her head in greeting. "I would like company," the mercenary grunted, grinning slightly. She motioned for him to follow, then set off down the path.

As they walked, she spoke. "I am Qadira. I've been with the village for some time, but found myself a recluse for some time." After @Kukutux had given birth, Qadira had taken to guarding her ulaq, and keeping the children safe. But now, they were growing, and the village was accepting visitors. Qadira did not guard so closely, and now took time away.

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn took the ques from her and when she motioned for him to come along, with a verbal welcome. he took to it. He wasn't normally a guardian, clearly more of a hunter, but he didn't mind expanding his skill set. He would protect those he had begun to love. He reached over to leave scratch marks in the dirt and on trees.

Well Met Qadira. I am often out of the grounds myself. Preferring to track the herds and the prey. I also hunt for bits and baubles to trade and share. You trade also?

He didn't know much about these trade things that Moonwoman spoke of, but he was trying to learn to fit it in with his own self worth, and grow as a wolf.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Rodyn was a tracker and hunter — both valuable skills. Qadira nodded approvingly, and when questioned herself, answered, "I am but a mercenary. I guard the village and its people." Some people would find it very droll work, but not Qadira. She paused to mark, lifting her leg against a tree.

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn shook his head. In my former home. My mother and father trained us as hunters, more than wardens or guardians. They taught us the basics, but the rest we had to learn. This way we could survive when they chased us out. Males are not allowed in my father's village past 1.5 years.

He scratched in the dirt and marked a tree lifting his own leg, eyes on the distance. Did you come here or were you raised in Moonwoman's pack? He was curious about all the wolves here, especially if he planned to make a life here.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Rodyn offered information about his home, and Qadira nodded, one ear trained on him, the better to hear, while she resumed her patrol. He was forced to disperse, a cruel thing, perhaps, but Qadira had done the same thing, and younger, she thought. He asked of her own history, and she frowned slightly.

"I joined last winter. I was raised in a patriarchal, misogynistic society where I was not allowed to fight. I left, so that I could fight."

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt it cruel, but he also was glad for it. It had shaped him in ways he had never expected, and he was happy with his life here. The one he was building. He was making ties that bound, and perhaps he could have a future here, a mate, family.

Father is a bit like that with my sisters. They were allowed to learn things if they wished, but he focused more on the males to get them ready to leave. The girls if they stayed he would choose who could continue lines and who couldn't. Most of them left too, but on their own.

He frowned at her frowned and sighed. Well, for what it's worth i'm glad you found a place you can practice what you love to do.

Long claws extended to scratch at a tree, and a bush he layered with spray.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Such control... Qadira did not believe anyone should have that much control over another. She did not say much as Rodyn spoke of his past, but she nodded, ears angling back somewhat in disquiet. He spoke of his happiness for her, and she forced a small smile. "Thank you. I... still yearn for much." She would meet his gaze then, to see his reaction to her next words. "A wife, for one. I am aging, and my den too cold for my liking." She had seen her fifth birthday this season.

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was fast realizing that his father had exerted more control than was necessary over the Autumn wolves of EmberShadow. But he had grown to it and as such had not realized it was not commonplace to do so.

Rodyn had heard of she wolves who preferred their own breed and he saw nothing wrong with this. He had seen males seek out other males, more so during breeding season when hormones were high, but it was nothing to him. His father had encouraged it, less puppies that way.

He smiled. I can understand that, feeling. What are you looking for in a wife? If I perhaps find another in my scouting who share's your yearning. I can send her to you, to see if you get along?
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Rodyn did not seem to care that she sought out a member of her own sex. It allowed the mercenary woman to relax slightly, and she gave a half-smile as she responded gruffly, "Ah... I am looking for a bold woman, who speaks her mind. Someone who will be honest in all things big and small." She paused here, to scrape her nails through the bark of a tree, leaving scent and visual marks not unlike what a bear might do.

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn chuckled. Sounds like you have good taste. I've never really quite thought about it. I figured I'd just find someone I fit with and we would be fine. He frowned in thought, and he too scratched the trees, and tore up the ground, leaving his scent here. All who came to the borders would know he was moonglow. He started as he realized he was no longer an Autumn wolf, he no longer smelled like his family and his grove.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Qadira liked the village, but she longed for companionship more. As she paused to spray a boulder, she sighed, "Perhaps I will go looking, too." She did not always have to stay so close to the village. She continued on, looking to Rodyn. "Another day." The sun was beginning to set, and her patrol was nearly finished. "Would you be interested in a spar soon? I need the practice." She rarely got the chance to spar.

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled. I've not sparred often. So I'd like to learn if you'd be willing to teach me.

Qadira was kind and he'd be interested in learning from her. And talking. He felt they could be friends eventually.

I often go hunting amd I've met a few wolves that way. Maybe you can com3 with me sometime too.

He lifted half a smile. They would continue this way for sometime, eventually breaking apart. ANd Rodyn would return to hunting. What he did best.