Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Trade 
Rodyn had made it back to the pack lands. He had found the camps that his pack had dug and built, but they were already out into the field. He could find them, but it could prove disastrous to the hunts they were already on.

So he went in search of @Void who was never far from him. Especially since they were both heading home and they lived near enough each other, that it wouldn't be to bad to walk with him for a ways. Build caches for his friend with the meat.

So he called as he ran and then finding a small herd of Caribou, his packmates not in sght. He bent to the task of observing an watching. This were much bigger than stags. They would need to hunt in tandem and be mindful of horns and hooves. It made him nervous honestly. But he had no doubt in his abilities or his friends.

These are going to be tough to get. We will need to be extra mindful of antlers and claws. I've never hunted a caribou before, but I think they are much like deer. Separate a weak one and fight. We want to go for vital organs, and ones that can render them useless. Eyes, nose, mouth, throat. If you can get into the hamstring, just be careful of kicking limbs.
"I've fallen in love and it's changed everything"
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded. All that Rodyn had said made sense. And he felt comfortable sharing his own lack of skill in killing caribou after Rodyn shared his. "I've never hunted them either, but they do look like deer to me. Bigger maybe, in some cases." Void said, surveying the herd in front of him.

Void was also confident in his and Rodyn's skills though. "Yeah, we have to be careful around the face too because the antlers could catch us." He added.
-----
Void is Alfa of founding pack Midnight Scar. Interested in joining? PM me!
Health (90/100)
Void is physically healthy, just a little tired and unkempt
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Void has a mate and pups, and despite his exhaustion he is beyond happy
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Void didn't take long to find him and join him in looking over the herds. Rodyn eyed the beasts. Honing in on one female, with a limp to her. She probably had as tone in her hoof or the like. It wouldn't take long to separate her he didn't imagine, but they'd need to move quickly.

You see the lame doe in the end there?
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded. Though Rodyn didn't speak his thoughts, Void agreed. He assumed either a stone was lodged in her hoof, or perhaps she had some other issue.

"Right, so how do you want to work things out?" Void asked.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn eyed her. We will both have to herd her away, watch each other's backs. So communication is key. Then we will just attack until we can get her down. Try and get her eyes first.

Rodyn dipped and got into position. Ready. You lead.

He would follow Void's lead. He was easier to adapt to another than Void at times, so this way, with Void leading he could simply adjust and make up the difference.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void slunk around the outside of the herd, keeping himself low to the ground and silent, trying to stay out of site and unnoticed. As he got closer to the doe they were aiming for though, he stood up and leapt at her, aiming towards her face that was close to the ground, as she was grazing. He slashed his claws out, hoping to catch her on the eyes, but making sure to watch her large antlers.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyin followed behind void and he cut across the herd, and fought to steer the caribou towards him. He went for her eyes and Rodyn snapped at her flank, hoping to garner her attention his way, and drive her elsewhere as well.

Then he back pedaled, away from Void. Making sure to keep a weather eye on his friend and fellow hunter.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void connected with the carribou's eyes and she jerked her head back, catching him hard under his jaw with an antler, which such force that it knocked him to the ground. He bit his tounge by accident and blood started to well in his mouth. He gritted his teeth through the pain and slowly regained steady vision, and stood, charging at the doe again and this time, full of anger, reared up and snapped his teeth at her throat, catching it and ripping it open.

Panting, he padded backward and stumbled over, his vision blurring and head throbbing from the, unknown to him, concussion he had been given by the force of his head being jerked backward
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
His heart jumped to his throat when the creature nailed Void. His thoughts immediately going to T.K. and he grew sick, but the damage didn't seem too bad.

Rodyn continued to herd the beast away, blood welling from the spots on it's flanks and legs that he nipped and bit.

Soon, but not soon enough it was over and the creature lay twitching and dying.

Rodyn padded towards his friend and touched him gently. You okay Void?
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void was unresponsive for several moments, before his eyes flickered open and he turned his head, retching. He was still lying on his side, so after he stopped retching, he pulled himself into a half-sitting position, still shaking and unable to see straight or talk really. "mnoyeah?" He stammered, trying to get out the words "umh, no, er yeah?", even in this horrible state, still trying to pretend he was fine.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn knew these symptoms. They usually weren't too terrible. So with a soft sigh he nodded.

::Okay I've seen this before. It usually gets better with rest and coldness. So we'll head towards the icy river and rest up for a day or two. Alright?.vv
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded. He didn't hurt really, his head just felt wrong. He wasn't sure he'd be able to properly walk though so he hoped Rodyn knew what he was talking about, and would be able to help him out. 

As he pushed himself to his feet, a rush of dizziness ran over him and he almost fell again, but instead let himself lean on Rodyn, hoping it was ok, since his own legs couldn't hold him up while his head was spinning. He wasn't even sure if he had any wounds since he just felt weird.

Taking a deep breath, Void managed to speak. "Ok." He said slowly.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Alright come on lets get you some place. I'll come back for the caribou

If he needed Rodyn would run for Mahler. But he was fairly certain he knew he was doing what was right. He didn't want to tell his frined that this was one if those things that healed or didn't.

He'd get Void settled and then return for their kill.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded, though the process of moving his head made him dizzy and nauseous again, so he mentally told himself to not do that again. "Do you know what's happened to me? Like, why am I dizzy and stuff but i don't feel hurt?" He asked. Rodyn seemed to know what was going on.

He walked alongside his friend, removing some of his weight from Rodyn but still leaning on him some as he couldn't walk straight otherwise.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn frowned. I don't know the word for it. It is, my mother used to say a quick scramble brain. You hit your head hard enough that something happens inside and it makes you dizzy and nauseous. Rest, cool water, and little movement. Some pain meds might help, but I'm not a fan of them. Usually it ends in a day or two, depending on how hard you were hit.

Rodyn led him to a swift moving stream and helped him to settle against a tree. I'll go get the caribou and drag it here. I'm probably gonna have to separate it, so I'll be a few minutes, but just. Don't move.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void was about to nod, before he mentally reminded himself to not so instead he verbally replied. "Ok."

He was getting tired and didn't feel like moving anyway, so he slowly lowered his head and let his eyes close
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn remembered on an afterthought. Don't fall asleep. For one hour, umm as long as it would take to hunt a den of rabbits, scent, and catch.

Rodyn nodded, saddened, wishing he could do more for him, but there was not much he could do.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void opened his eyes at that, not understanding why but trusting what Rodyn do. He left his head down though and tried to get his mind and body to relax without actually falling asleep. "Alright, I won't." He promised.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)