Phoenix Maplewood [m]Burn it down
-Some Women, fear the fire. Some women, just become it.-
228 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Sadey walked away from the pack lands. An itch beneath her fur. She scratched upon the branches and trees that colored her walking place, but nothing could alleviate the itch. She knew what it was, but was stubbornly trying to ignore it. She was not a nice she wolf, had never had been, and to try and hide her true nature, and be good. Well, she realized now it was foolish.

She held no ill will towards the wolves of Natigvik and most she would say she was on friendly terms with, but that didn't mean she wouldn't flip them sideways to get the last piece of meat on a cold winter's day, and that sort of behavior she imagined was frowned upon.

Though she knew she could be loyal, had been loyal, was loyal. But now she just didn't know what to do, felt adrift. And it pissed her off. They had left, and she had deigned not to go, but what kind of gang or pack just disbanded and moved on.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
bump this to after natigvik leaves? <3

it looked as though the wolves of natigvik and their guests were leaving, and it did not appear that they would come back.
colt waited a night before he began to raid what was left of the caches, alert and kept to the fringes of the river in case scouts returned.
he did not linger; he went on at once, and soon found sadey's trail leading away from the packlands. an ugly smile crossed his mouth as he came upon her. "yew ain't needta scare lil red like that. she's savage like the rest of us. a killer. that's why she's here an' not dead." he was protective of indra, but his tone meant to humour sadey.
228 Posts
Ooc —
Certainly

Sadey had said her goodbyes and then she had watched as the Natigivik wolves dispersed, a sour taste in her mouth. She would get into the caches eventually, carry waht she could. Dig through the medicinal den, find herbs she may like or use.

Sadey snorted. You're too protective of that girl. It's gonna get her or you killed, cause you can't see past the dick to see that she's is damaged and can't think for herself. She's one of them ones that one these days you don't get a handle gonna snap and rip your throat out when you sleeping. Foolish.

Sadey lifted her pretty eyes to his red ones, narrowed down in furrows. She does everything you say that ain't intelligent or killer. That's mindless and you ain't doing her or yerself no favors.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
yeah, yeah, yeah. indra was an accomplishment, and colt briggs would be damned if sadey walker stole that victory for him. he let her talk, though he rolled his eyes again at her allusion to something more. "she was starvin' when i found her, eatin' rotten food. i rescued her. she does what i say. yew know how it is."
he sniffed and spat into the grass. "she's an investment. how many of us came young to it, an' without a goddamn bit of guidance? well. not her. she got that from me. now she can hunt, kill, stalk, scout."
she's mine, he wanted to snarl.
colt reined himself. "now she'll survive long enough to figure herself out th'way yew want." he was tired of talking about the girl.
"snow's comin'. reckon we should find a place t'hunker down for the winter."
228 Posts
Ooc —

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

I have no idea where Sadey went. Perhaps it's simply she is grieving in her own way a small temporary normalcy she had.

Sadey eyed him with disgust and spat. Realizing immediately, or so she thought of what he was alluding too. He had gotten a taste of something that wasn't lust and it had send him reeling.

Why don't you just admit you were lonely Briggs! And heart sick.

She slammed her paw hard into the ground with a snarl. You forget that i know very well about grief and pain and heartache. Don't ya! Just admit that you want something or someone anything to care just a little bit about you. To give a fucking damn.

he tail lashed behind her and she rolled her eyes so hard it hurt as he changed the subject yet again. She snorted. It wasn't what she wanted. He was so far up the girls ass he couldn't realize he was hindering, not helping, but he was right about one thing, that he didn't have to say. IT wasn't any of her godsdamn business and she just needed to shut up. Why she even fucking care anyway. Who knew, not her. Stupid pack and stupid briggs. Making her fine that soft little part of her that wanted to be liked and loyal and unf gag even loved in some capacity. Damn them all.

So like a good loyal cowgirl she went with the change of topic. I suppose so. Don't want to stay in the river area. One cold as a witches tit. Two, well they have caches they may come back for and they have warriors back now. I don't look to find myself on the tail end of a toothy, clawed bastard.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
she's amazingggg

colt wasn't ready to admit nothing. he stared sadey down as she eviscerated him again, and fuck if he wasn't getting tired of it. "the way yew carry on, might think yew'd wanna be the one who cared so much."
he spat again. the conversation moved on. colt saw his breath hanging in the air. it was a ritual for them, he and sadey. to shout. to argue. to hate each other. but she'd never been that to him. now indra had a shot at it. mayhaps she was jealous.
"don't fancy stickin' around here meself. was thinkin' of movin' deeper into the forest again. or lookin' for a cave."
228 Posts
Ooc —
Thanks

Sadey snarled so loud and so vicious the animals nearby roosting, flew upwards and away. Yew got nothin' on my jaxon nothin'.

Sadey wasn't Jealous at all, what she was worried, for the bastard in front of her, for the little bitch taht followed him around, but clearly her worry was displaced and she was foolish for even caring. So she shut it off, immediately. Face blank, deadpan, gone. As she was taught as she knew.

Sadey frowned in thought. Forest would be easier and a dug out. You get a cavern, might come on the tail end o fa sleepy bear. Then yew'd be fucked right up.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
colt didn't flinch, but his eyes flared. watch how yew talk to me, his gaze commanded. he had made indra. he had brought the gang all together, what was left of them. and he'd enhanced them with red's presence. they had a better chance of eating well through winter with her around.
"forest, then," colt grunted, happy enough to find a common ground with sadey. "why don't yew lead on? we can trek back fer the others when we've found summat."
he eyed the horizon, then the woman herself.
228 Posts
Ooc —
Sadey stared right back at him. Not flinching in the least, and if he thought she would he was sorely mistaken. Far as she was fucking concerned, they were equals. Perhaps he had brought in the girl, perhaps he had gotten them all together, but that didn't make him better. No. It was what any loyal beast should have and would have done.

Fine. She groused. She moved forward and began a slow lope in the direction of the forest. There was a lot of places they could winter. However, there was also a happy medium they had to find.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
sadey gave him no lip this time, and colt was free to saunter at her side. he thought once of indra and then focused on the reaching sharp branches. he and red had come through here, once, though the woodland held little life and many thorns.
still briggs was sated by it, by the shadows and the way it swallowed he and sadey from view of the taiga.
"might be a place to lay up here," he grunted, gesturing to a large dead tree not far off.
228 Posts
Ooc —
There was a quiet contentment with the wolf at her side. She had felt strange not to have him near. Reno as well. All of the gang, and with time she would probably come to like even the girl, but she would need to start thinking for herself. Perhaps Sadey would teach her this. Who was gonna stop her, colt Briggs.

She almost snorted, and caught herself.

Sadey moved towards the log and studied the lichen and the moss. We gonna move the whole gang here. We need caches for winter and dens dug right quick.

She was thinking through everything, slowly digging near the log as she did so. Her pale fur turning dark with grime. There was something to be said of the night and the shadows.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
sadey took charge and colt realized how much he had missed her non-nonsense, vaguely feminine touch.
he fell to dig alongside her, spitting the pulped bark out of his mouth. later he would renew the birch-chaw later. for now it would only be the sound of their excavation and birdsong in the cold air.
both of them filthy by the end of it.
228 Posts
Ooc —
Sadey could be as feminine as the next girl, but the simple fact was her way of life. She lived hard and fast, and lose with her morals. There wasn't much give for femininity in such a life. She was one of the only femme's of the pack, and true to her word. She could fight, and cuss and kill just like any man, possibly even better.

Sadey was surprised to see him, spit out the nasty thing he always chewed, but it was a nice reprieve. She grew tired of his constant chewing sometimes.

I'd say that about gets it done. We should probably get some sleep and go find the others in the morning. Or does that girl need tended too?
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
"red. that's her name, sadey." he inhaled, spat, faced the woman. he offered no challenge. "i'm gonna fetch her on now." indra was new to their world and shouldn't be left alone for long. that was the explanation he would give, anyway.
she was growing on colt briggs in a way that intensified his possesion. he snorted and set off with a tip of his head, though slowly enough to be stopped if she wanted.
228 Posts
Ooc —
I'll call her a name when she earns it. Now git. See ya when ya all get back.

Then she'd circle and get some sleep snorting at the peacock display. He was a fool ole Colt Briggs with pretty faces and the girl was gonna get killed she didn't learn to think for herself. But well it wasn't Sadey's problem anymore. She'd tried both of them had not liked it so now time to move on from the topic at hand.

She'd watch that girl, teach the girl, but well she didn't have much confidence in the girl as of yet.