833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
All Welcome 
taking some liberties about the report! we can always bts or thread it! <3

wide-eyed, she ran to @Reyson.

@Maxim had told her of what had happened, and now she fled in fear right to the mereo soldier. he was the one who had brought her word of towhee. and now here he was.

she had not thought to bring a pillow for him; the little morphe fussed over the soldier all the same, licking at the cuts upon his face where branches had hurt him.

"you were running. and fast." from what? what could frighten him? tamar's belly clenched. "i think you should stay here. for a few days."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Helo Lovely <3

Reyson was frozen as another wolf came near him. At first he didn't recognize and he had to lay his ears to his skull and close his eyes so tightly. Afraid, of the violent aspirations he had just witnessed in his own mind.

She went into action licking at his face and head. He was surprised and warmed, and tears threatened to choke him. He was not usually this emotion. He blamed the aftermaths absolutely.

I was, but I Couldn't get away from my thoughts and memories.

He shifted. Are you sure? Lady Tamar I am unsure all that Maxim has told you and what you know of soldiers, but I just had a really bad episode where I was stuck in a memory after a stressful month in a place called Akashingo. I have never hurt anyone in these episodes and as far as I can tell i'm out of one, but I have seen wolves who have.

He bent his head, and tilted his tattered ears forward and then back, his tail tight against his legs. I can stay at the borders if you'd rather.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
hello beauty!

everything narrowed.

akashingo.

akashingo. akashingo. akashingo.

tamar stared at him with wide eyes, but she was no longer there, her mind dragged back to the opulence of the underground palace. and the pharaoh.

oh! she and arsenio had said nothing! she drew a breath, and then another, dizzy and sickened. "what did they do to you, reyson?" tamar asked in a tiny voice, strained almost to its breaking.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Not sure how Rachel is gonna handle the talking of Arsenio and Tamar about Pharaoh so i be vague :D Hows your yule going? (do i have that right?)

Reyson's ears went up and he sighed. Nothing to me. I just know their kind. Corrupt, dazzled and crushing others under their heels.

he tilted an ear then and tried to form the words, to explain. I don't like closed in spaces anyway, but on top of that I had to mind everything I said, and did. I was constantly on edge. Paranoid, fearful that I would misstep and cause an issue. And add that to I didn't sleep and the last few nights before i was to leave.

He frowned a darkening edge to his eyes and face.

Meadow came to see me, and The pharaoh immediately summoned her and sent me to train. I...

How did he word it. I wasn't a happy wolf. I don't trust him. As far as I know there was nothing untoward and Meadow seemed fine, but that man breathes arsenic laced with honey.

anyway, i have these episodes on occasion, when stressed and tired and that place pushed me into both. I won't go back. Not ever.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
sounds good! and its going well, we already did gifts and are now just snowed in lol <3 what about yall?

meadow had gone.

good, sweet meadow. tamar realized that she should have warned epoch, spoken against akashingo. spoken against the pharaoh.

and now she could say nothing, only listen. she knew familiarly what reyson described, and she made a note to seek meadow out. at once.

"you are safe now," tamar told him earnestly.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Our gifts are tomorrow and next day. But we are very much snowed in. Though a lot of it has turned into a wet muddy mess. The wind chill and rate is insane though.

Reyson had warned Meadow. Had told her what to expect. He hoped that it had been enough. They hadn't had a chance to really speak on it. And now here he was for her to tend to again. Poor girl.

Reyson smiled sadly. I will never be safe Lady Tamar. There's been too much darkness. But thank you for giving me a little bit of some light on it.

A soft sigh stirred his chest and he dipped his muzzle down. But how are you? I didn't even ask?

He had seen her reaction to Akashingo, but he also knew intimately how harsh memories could be so he didn't ask, but he knew. Something in the palace had hurt this sweet Lady and it made him ill.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
its gonna be a fun time! the kids all really liked their gifts! the snow on the ground here is not tons but it is frozen solid with more solid ice underneath, idk if the salt trucks have even been by yet

his words hurt her.

but not through insult. because she understood them. because the specter of that place followed her too. 

a small smile managed to bloom on her lips. "i am well, reyson. i am — only worried." she looked at his wounded face. "does germanicus know that you are here?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Here too, but our salt trucks have gone through.

His intention was not to nick or hurt with words. It was just a truth he carried. Most days, he was good. There wasn't the shadows, the spectres or anything. Then on days like today. They rose and pulled him back down to the mire. So deep the very marrow of his bones hurt.

He doesn't, but Maxim said he'd run a message to him. I don't know how he'll handle a soldier like me, but well it is what it is.

He liked to think that Germanicus would understand.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
still cold here!

a soldier like him.

tamar touched his shoulder gently, if he would allow. "are you still a soldier, reyson?"

was that what he desired after all of these things? "maxim will go. and — i think mereo wolves will come here, for you."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Unf here too! and so icy...you can't walk anywhere and salt isn't doing shit.

Reyson allowed her to touch him and then he listened to her question. Unsure how to answer her, but hadn't he already spoken with Meadow about this. The conversation with Fennec and Germanicus burnt hard and heavy in his brain.

I am different than I was Lady Tamar. Right before this i had a conversation about this very topic. If I should choose Meadow, more so, if Meadow desires me to come here, and I will if that is what she wants. Then I will be giving up my title, my leadership role, and a place in Mereo. So no I suppose I'm not anymore. Now i desire peace. I prefer teaching I have found in the last seasons. But I haven't had a chance to speak with Meadow to ask if she truly wants me too. I promised her I would move slowly, so I don't wish to press.

Reyson closed his eyes, licking along the broken seam of his jaw. The nicks and cuts on his face beginning to sting a bit.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
D:

tamar leaned forward to help him.

"so the choice falls to her." it was not a question. it was what she saw.

and tamar felt she also saw that reyson did not want to go back. "are you happy in mereo?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Yes it's disgusting :(

He was surprised by the step forward to help, but he allowed it. Some of the wounds he couldn't reach.

Yes and it's unfair to lay that at her feet. I know. But I don't want to make her feel like I am forcing her to accept me, ro what I have to offer.

Reyson chuckled. I haven't been happy anywhere in a long time, Lady Tamar. I am content and that is enough for now. Do I want happiness. Yes. Will I attain it. I hope so. And as of right now Meadow makes me happy, and Epoch is beautiful and peaceful I could settle here, yes.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar was content to hear that.

she reached to touch him gently.

"i know that you both will be happy here, in the vale."

they deserved peace.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson hoped she was right. That they could be happy, because everything seemed to be coming at them from all sides.

All he could do was be the soldier he knew to be, protect what was his and stand til the end. As he had done before.

This time though he was determined there wouldn't be any casualities.