Dragoncrest Cliffs batay kè
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Chacal hissed again. The embers she guarded in her heart were sparked by the furious flames that still licked and flickered in her sister's soul. Torch leaned against torch, setting them both alight. And while she knew that in some occasions, she would have to restrain her bias, her sister was an easy exception. What she'd shared with Arric was a means to an end, as lovely as it had been...But that memory singed and burned with his reputation when she was told of Mireille's account. 

Her sister was right- Arric did not know her name, and that had been a clear signal that she did not intend to have him come for her. She nodded, puffing air into her cheeks and rolling her eyes. She'd tried to get away, and keep herself distanced from him, though she would only admit that perhaps, her heart had wanted for him a day or two after her return. Hormones, she told herself. For now, she felt as though a boundary had been crossed. She felt slighted, hunted. She was secure in her home, surrounded by her family, but she did not want them to have to fight her battles for her. 

If only she could have met him first- and sent him packing quietly. 

"Mireille," She sung, her notes hanging wistfully, regretfully. 
"I see your side, and know it be true.
I hate 'im for all he has said to you."

Her tone was dark, almost a snarl. He'd run his mouth to her sister. Her sister. It appeared there had been a misunderstanding over some kind of offering at first- something she might speak to Rhaegal about- but for him to have said those words to her sister made her simmer. 

She felt ashamed that he had followed her back. He'd had a use, and had seemed to understand that at the time. She shook her head, exasperated. 

"He was a man of few words at de time-
I gave 'im no name, no pack of mine.
But t'ru dese actions 'e be makin' me sour,
he be not welcomed here at any hour."

She was relieved that Mireille had made sure that he would never come back- that much was a relief to hear. She uttered an exasperated sigh that matched with Mireille's, and managed a half-smile. When Mireille slumped, Chacal pulled her sister toward her. She had borne that burden, she could let Chacal hold her weight now. She smoothed the fur between Mireille's ears with her tongue. 

"T'ank you, sister."
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
batay kè - by Mireille - January 16, 2023, 11:32 AM
RE: batay kè - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 11:43 AM
RE: batay kè - by Mireille - January 16, 2023, 11:55 AM
RE: batay kè - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 12:15 PM
RE: batay kè - by Mireille - January 16, 2023, 12:35 PM
RE: batay kè - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 01:20 PM
RE: batay kè - by Mireille - January 16, 2023, 06:37 PM
RE: batay kè - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 11:33 AM
RE: batay kè - by Mireille - January 22, 2023, 04:13 PM