Stavanger Bay ladle
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
attn: @Rhaegal @Vairë <3

it was just as well that lestan had not been near for the saga of the witch, for the scent of reverie's blood would have driven him mad once and for all.
instead he avoided the sea-cliffs, skirted the pack on the coast, and trotted beyond the island offshore quite blindly.
but today he had found a bay! and it was inhabited, albeit lightly. after a moment's consternation on the borders, lestan called out. he was smeared with salt and thin from travel, yet a tiny hope now lit in his chest.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Moonglow
Beta*
286 Posts
Ooc — Box
Vairë was troubled, these days. She had not told her husband why, for that was a very long tale. One she didn’t know if she wished to even relay. Lótë had not been a bad mother by any means, but Vairë couldn’t help her feelings.

To put it into a word..complicated. It was very complicated.

The noise from their borders made her perk, her body turning from the skins she was working with and towards the call. The doe rose with a curl of her tail, beginning her quick stride to the borders to greet the man who stood there.

This woman greets you. She called as she drew close.

I am Vairë Sveijarn. This is Saltshore.

179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
just a cameo. <3

the call is heard by the sveijarn patriarch.

he cuts a quick path towards the quasi borders he patrolled. he is slightly surprised to see vaire has beaten him to intercept the stranger.

he drawls to a stop at her side; content to be the observer.

534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"h-hello," lestan mayfair stammered to the stunning doelike woman who came to offer a greeting. remembering reverie's warning about 'island girls,' he suspected this one a saltwater selkie, until she spoke, in an odd and charming way.
a man came to join her. the former swiftcurrent wolf dipped his head to the pair. "hello, i am lestan mayfair. my wife and our quite young daughter are traveling, seeking a place to settle. will you tell me about saltshore?"
Moonglow
Beta*
286 Posts
Ooc — Box
Lestan Mayfair was the fellow before her, a tired and wry man who Vairë felt pity for. It only grew when he spoke of a wife and young daughter.

But of course. She said to the poor man, leaning her shoulder against Rhaegal for a moment of support, before she stood tall on her own.

Saltshore is a village modeled after my anaa’s. My mother’s. Moonglow rests in the mountains, if you have ever heard of it. Myself and my husband wish for a safe place to grow our family, like the village I grew up in. We allow those who seek peace to come rest with us, heal among the forest if they need to. This is a place of calm and harmony, or so I wish it to be. She leaned forward a little, ears pulling back.

Speaking of healing, would you like to come rest for a while? You appear very tired.

534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
glancing a bit nervously at the man who had continued to remain silent, lestan blinked, offering a gentle sway of his tail. "i know your mother, and also moonglow, having stayed there for a very brief time."
it felt good to finally experience something that appeared to have the shape of success. her offer almost caused his aching legs to buckle; lestan glanced back over his shoulder toward the place he had left reverie. 
he really should get back, but he was not sure he would make it without rest. "i would be very grateful for that, mrs sveijarn."
Moonglow
Beta*
286 Posts
Ooc — Box
Vairë frowned deeply at just how tired the man looked. 

She gently butted her head to Rhaegal’s shoulder, for just a moment, before turning to lead Lestan into Saltshore’s claim.

You have met my mother then. She was pleased at that. Her mother had seen something in this stranger. Perhaps Vairë would see it too.

We will find you somewhere to rest for a time, Lestan. The forest has some soft bedding to lay upon.

534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"thank you," lestan murmured in desperate relief, knowing he could rest and return more refreshed to reverie. "i hadn't understood how hard it is to travel up and down the coast," lestan said of the deceptive terrain.
"my wife is reverie. our daughter is blossom. i can track, and rev, well, she is learning to hunt." the words tumbled out of him.
Moonglow
Beta*
286 Posts
Ooc — Box
She laughed a little sound.

Oh yes, it is quite something if you’re unused to sand. Her legs had hurt for days even just traveling the short ways to here! She turned one ear back to listen as Lestan spoke, nodding along to his words.

I would be pleased to meet them when you bring them here. I have been working at some skins and dried meats, I will bring them as a gift to you all. Vairë looked over her shoulder to smile briefly, before slipping into the shadow of the trees.

I believe there should be some hollows here where you may rest if you wish for some cover, otherwise the ground itself is quite soft.

534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"oh, the g-ground, the ground is fine."
lestan found a small place upon the soft-sand; he smiled briefly at the doe-woman. "thank you very much, for this and for housing us all, when we get here."
but then lestan fainted quite dead away, and for several hours he would not be roused.