Hoshor Plains mayday, mayday
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
All Welcome 
Hunger burned deep in her gut, threatening to overtake her as the woman moved throughout the plains, her nose on high alert for anything that could help ease that aching feeling that had become something of a constant companion. Despite that, the exhaustion tugged at her features, the desire to find a place to lay and to rest echoed out clearly over her features, her tail limp and her paws near dragging through the tall grass. She couldn’t stop moving though.

She needed to find someone… anyone… Kallik, Towhee, Germanicus… someone who could give her refuge and let her rest if only for a moment. It wasn’t safe, not alone… she wasn’t certain if they had found her scent after she’d crossed the river… if they were following her even now.

Once again she found herself on the run from her past… stronger than ever before but somehow more vulnerable. It weighed down heavily on her even still. She would survive this, she always did... her wounds had been treated by her own paw, healing nicely if still fragile... next was food, and after that was freedom.

And just like that, there was the promising scent of rabbit on the horizon... but with it the warning of blood, of someone having already sought it out, catching it.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was not one that usually moved about away from home. But there was a distinct urge to move and thus he did. Promise to return to meadow he headed towards the flatlands. A plump rabbit had jumped out and he had caught it swiftly. Not really hunting, but the forethought to bring something back.

Though a scent familiar and different teased his nose ans he lifted his head in surprise and wariness, watching, waiting for whomever it was to make themselves known. A bloody rabbit at his paws.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Aquene did not recognize the scent at first, though in truth in her current state, it was likely she wouldn’t recognize any scent that wasn’t food. She would move along, an alerted awareness about her as the form came into view. She had the recognition of who it was standing in front of her too. “Reyson?” A hint of relief edged her voice was the healer looked upon the former Mereo soldier.

The pack scent he carried was largely familiar too, giving her hope. Her stomach grumbled, her eyes shifting to the bloody rabbit in his paws before moving back to him.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson stared in surprise Lady Aquene! It is good to see your face.

Her eyes went to the rabbit and he pressed it forward. She looked thin and tired and he'd not keep her from a meal.

Are you hungry? Please take it.

Then he'd back up. Ahe look3d careworn amd tired and desperate and sometimes in moments of such high stress. Emotiona were rampant.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Something pleasant had looked upon her in that moment, running into not just a familiar face, but a friendly one. He pressed the rabbit towards her and for a moment she felt as if she could cry in relief. Where normally there was a tactful and kind response to turn such a gift away, insisting the soldier would be better off with the meal, she found herself collapsing to the ground over it. She could not turn it away.

“So hungry.” She offered to him when he asked if she was hungry. And then he was backing up, and she didn’t notice, too busy carving the rabbit up, and savoring every morsel that quickly disappeared into her stomach. It wasn’t long before the entire rabbit was gone, and bones simply remained, tongue quickly running across her maw to clear some of the blood.

“What are you doing out here?” She asked curiously. He was not the kind to stray too far from home.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson shifted with a small smile. I'm in Epoch now. I was er. Retired from duty, my brain could no longer handle stress after my stint in Akashingo. And there are other issues between myself, Tamar and Arsenio. So i often leave for a break.

He normally wouldn't say such things, but this was Lady Aquene, one of his dearest friends at least he felt and she was owed the truth. B3cause she deserved it.

Mereo is no more Lady Aquene, but your husband juat arrived in Epoch as well.
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Epoch… where Towhee and Tamar and Aresenio were. A frown found her features when he spoke of his brain no longer being able to handle the stress. “Do you want to talk about it?” Either through delirium, or exhaustion, she would not remember much of this conversation, but at the very least she could attempt to provide sage counsel in the moment.

Mereo was no more? She felt her jaw fall agape… but then with it came hope. He had seen Kallik. “Kallik? And what of our sons? Have you seen Siku and Nanuq? Are they with their father?” The worry in her voice was undeniable.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson gave her a soft, kind smile. perhaps another time, Lady Aquene. I would not tire you out further with my own issues. He wouldn't be the reason she grew tired further, or that her mind gave out. No, she needed rest and relaxation.

Reyson shook his head. I don't know of where they are. I believe one has made a home in Paleo, but I am unsure which child it is. I'm sorry. His ears pressed to his head and he looked sad.

I haven't spoken to Kallik. I just smelled his scent and heard he was in Epoch, Tamar or Towhee would be the one to speak with. Would you like to go to Epoch Lady Aquene?

He could take her there if she couldn't remember.
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
He denied speaking of himself, causing her to tilt her head to the side though even that seemed to happen in some semblance of a slow motion. He would confirm he did not know where they were, confirming that Nanuq was no longer in Epoch indirectly, though she held hope that perhaps he had joined his brother in Paleo and that both were safe under Mahler’s care.

Perhaps she had been right so long ago… she was not meant to be a mother. It seemed she was doing such a poor job of it.

“I must go to Paleo first… see if my sons are there.” She would state with a frown. “I will head for Epoch after.” There was a certainty in her voice to it, a conviction in the moment that allowed her usual self to break through if only for a moment.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He supposed it was different him refusing to share with her, because he told her many things. Things he'd not tell many others. But this time it was for a good reason. She needed rest not stress and he refused to add to it.

She made a decision. Strength in her voice and conviction in her gaze and he nodded. There would be no stopping her and he wouldn't do so anyway. This was a journey she needed to make, but that didn't mean he couldn't help.

Would you like company? I like Paleo. We trade with Mahler and he and I have a friendship of sorts.
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
He would ask to accompany her and she would weigh it for a few moments before shaking her head. “I will not pull you further away from Epoch… and you can keep an eye out for if either of my sons return to Epoch with Mereo gone.” She would hold out hope.

The food would be enough. “I have a strong friendship with Mahler… he was my mentor when it came to being a midwife. Prior to his lessons I focused primarily on how to treat others wounds. I do not doubt he will greet me openly.” She explained to him as her eyes softened a little more.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Very well Lady Aquene. I will tell them you'll be arriving soon. I'm sure your husband would wish to watch for you. he knew he would if he were the soldier in question and it was meadow that had been away from him far too long.

Mahler is a good wolf. Then Reyson would wait for her to depart, watching her until she was gone from his sight before he turned and returned to Epoch with his message.
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
He would inform them… that was good. Should something happen along the way she knew her husband would come searching for her, or perhaps he would join her at Paleo’s border… not that she would remember much of the conversation that took place between the two of them.

Sleep had been hard to come by, and with that came lasting effects on the brain until she leveled out from the sleep deprivation she was experiencing… memories would fade without saving into her long term memory, and there would be some false memories as well. She would nod, turning to depart herself all the same.