Ocean's Breath Plateau The son returns
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Maybe @Rodyn?

Rolayne had spent a little more time in Moonspear after his hopes were dashed that his family, in his mind at lease, would not be coming together as he thought. His mood hadn't been nearly as happy as it usually was, but he had also stopped doing all the gremlin things he was doing before going to Moonspear. He had also started sleeping in the den with his brother and Dad. He had to accept the fact that he was motherless, and he figured being closer with his Dad and brother would help that.

It was early morning when uncurled himself and exited the den, slowly stretching his muscles as he stepped forward. He shook the dirt out of his fur before sitting back at his haunches, his jaws opening in a wide yawn. His eagerness to run amok seemed to be put on hold at the moment. Honestly, he hadn't had much energy since leaving Moonspear. Emotionally immature, he didn't realize he needed to deal with the loss of both of his mothers — the one who gave him life, and the one who kept him alive. Who knew when he would figure that out. 

One hind leg lifted as his body curled so that he could scratch an itch behind his ear. Not fully awake, he leaned a bit too far and tumbled over onto his side with a soft thud. Lazily, he simply stretched out on his side instead of righting himself.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Ro had been overjoyed that his son had returned. However, he was not blind to how Rolayne seemed to feel about it. And he could not blame him. There had been much upheaval in his life. Even Panuk was quiet and stayed by himself.

But Rodyn had quit taking it as a personal failure as a parent. And instead tried to be as supportive as he could of his boys.

They were both nearing 8 months it was high time they learned to hunt better, to fight if needed.

So today he searched for Rolayne who had at one time enough energy to spare. He found him lazily laying down.

Hello. he spoke in his quiet way. Yellow eyes steady on his boy.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It wasn't long before a familiar voice reached his ears and Rolayne craned his neck around to see him. Hey, Dad, he said simply, a thump of his tail telling his father he was happy to see him. 

After a few moments, he stretched out one last time before righting himself and coming to stand. He shook the dirt off his pelt and then walked over to Rodyn, his intent to nudge his head into his shoulder softly, affectionately. It had been some time since he had shown that type of affection to his father, but after having it in Moonspear, he found he quite liked it. He needed the touch, the physical affirmation that he was not, in fact, alone in this world.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt a small smile at the youths tail wag. He had thought that Rolayne would be difficult or angry at him. And he would take it, but it was nice to know his son didn't hate him at the moment.

Rodyn was surprised, but leaned into the touch and ran his muzzle along a silky ear. A soft hum in his throat. It had been sometime since he himself had any sort of affection. He was a bit starved. But it was alright.

How do you feel about learning to spar or hunt today?
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
If Rolayne had known the thoughts going through his father's head, he might have put them to rest. He had never been angry at Rodyn, he had never really blamed him. He was just confused, and he knew all he wanted was his whole family together. There was no one wolf he pointed his frustrations at, except himself, maybe. 

He felt the muzzle run along his ear, the ear twitching once with a tickle. He turned so that he was side to side with Rodyn, leaning just a bit to touch his shoulder to his. He thought for moment, then turned his head towards his Dad. I'm ready to run, he replied. Though, this time he would remain here instead of running off to another pack. He was also ready to eat. While he had chased his fair share of game around the packlands, it had been to terrorize them, not to catch them. That part, he hadn't really learned yet, though he had watched others do it. He waited to see if Rodyn would lead the way.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn hadn't known what his son was thinking. And he wouldn't ever. He wasn't always the best at being emotional mindful. But he was trying to learn.

So his son wanted to run. Roalyne was more than old enough to hunt deer. But he needed to learn. So he nodded his head.

We'll go for rabbit today. We'll need to catch a few to fill caches and start building up furs for you to trade if you want to go that route.

A small smile. Then a motion for him to follow.

He dipped his nose down. Rabbit smell musky and like dirt. We will need to find their warren. Somwtimes you can feel them moving about beneath the surface hear them too.