Muat-riya
Fellahin
Any way you want me, baby
105 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Private 
Come on, my combat chameleon, give it up
You've got your life to attend to, buttercup

As the first light of dawn kissed the vast expanse of the desert, and the soft whispers of the morning breeze stirred the sands, creating delicate ripples that danced across the red terrain, two figures lay intertwined in the cool safety of the temple's caverns.

It was the larger of the two who stirred first, a solitary beam of light piercing through a cleft in the rocks and brushing gently against his face. He shifted, tucking his head into the chest of the woman beside him and away from the snooping eyes of Ra with a protesting grumble.
Akashingo
Yaret
344 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Tranquil sleep kept her away from the world. Away from the alert of work and the ever-abundant clicks of stepping feet. There was a world in which things were a little different. Where each day, and each night, she could sleep herself away into a nothingness. When she awoke each time, there was always a greater something hitting her nape and telling her there was more coming. More that there could perhaps be no preparation from, and more that they could do nothing but sip the blood from. A blinding numbness that kept her dizzy each morning and feasting on the aftermath. Next, tired when it all ended.

Blazing heat stirred her. These things distracted from the question of how she arrived here. How she ended up in a morning tucked in arms and feeling the pulse of Ra begin to engulf the day. The struggle of heat waves and feeling every moment that the sun would take you reminded her of home. Truth be told, Legend didn't remember how she came to be in here. She did not ask, either. Only took it for what it was and took to finding a comfort in touch.
Her head pulled down and pressed roughly to the top of Machiavelli's. The shaking of his chest when he protested the day woke her further, and a big breath of air fled her nose as quickly as it entered. Curling her stomach, she moved to shelter not only his own eyes, but hers. The result was a lengthy nuzzle into his fur. Ra was cruel! 
Muat-riya
Fellahin
105 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
The chamber, save for the single invading shaft of light, remained cool and dim, illuminated by the gentle, ever-present glow of the palace's bioluminescent fungi.

It was the uncomfortable, sweltering warmth from this rogue ray that prompted the man to sit up with squinting eyes and a dramatic yawn after enduring several minutes of its unwelcome attention on the back of his neck.

After adjusting himself to block the annoying beam, Machi regarded the woman quietly for a moment, an unreadable expression settling onto his face. When he noticed her stirring awake, he leaned down with a playful grin, affectionately nuzzling the jackdaw's cheek. Good morning; did you sleep well? he purred softly, as if disrupting the tranquil stillness of the early hours was a crime.
Akashingo
Yaret
344 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
She was simply tired. After many long nights, and many long days, her body had crashed again. This was not the first time, and it would not be the last for a little jackdaw with legs that ran faster than her mind. It was hard to consider, wasn't it? But she had found such a warmth in the sun that transcended her wishes to escape it. An extended, ever-loving embrace that held her so gently in the day. The woman could wait for it again each night. Its rays were prone to cling to her night-fur, and it was easier for Tefnut to abandon her. But Ra wanted her, and Ra always had.

Stirring to a nudge, with the silliest rummaging on her cheek, her eyes lifted lazily. "Yes." Very closed, with little opening, and to see the blurry warmth across his muzzle. A frown now, her head turned to the entrance. "Is it morning?" Legend knew..she should not be here in mornings, even if she was not sure how she arrived. But she did know that she would rather stay than go. She was pretty sure she liked the nuzzle attack upon her cheek- she had never felt that before. He smiled weirdly, it made her smile back, lopsided and silly, unlike her usual uniform one.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
105 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
It is, indeed, Machiavelli responded, a mischivious glint dancing in his opal eyes as he stifled a boyish chuckle. Gods above, do you know how utterly adorable you are? If you keep this up, I fear I won't be able to resist the urge to bite you, he exclaimed, his laughter bubbling forth as he pulled her into another embrace, his lips diving playfully into her sooty fur with the most delightfully unbecoming "om nom noms."

Breathless from laughter, the man pulled away, but not without one final boop to the woman's nose. But alas, Ra beckons; it's time for us to greet the day, my darling, Machi whispered fondly, gazing down at her. Allow me the pleasure of seeing those captivating eyes of yours.

As for today's agenda, he continued with a tilt of his head, have there been any further developments regarding that pesky intruder from before?