High Sage*
who stole my toe?!
1,243 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Private 
i hope a private thread is ok! let me know if not, and i can open it up to somebody else. also, the thread title for this is one of the best episodes of television.

"Wary" was not exactly the right term she wished to use for @Killdeer's presence—after all, she could have turned him away at the border. The hole that Argent had left in her heart had not yet closed, and she did not know if or when it would. She filled it with the love she had for Elentari and their many children (now seven, all-told!) and tried to grieve for Argent when she could. He was not dead, but he had not come back. Neither had his other two children: Maggak and Acrux.

With her blood children running about the rendezvous site, she called upon the Redhawk, requesting his presence so that they might sort through the details of whatever this was to become.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
private is fine! <3 and i love the thread title!

Moonspear was full of children. He wasn't far away when Sialuk's summons came, and as he approached, his eyes flitted briefly upon each small face before resting on hers.

Many of them could be his. None of them could be his. It didn't matter, though, because as long as the possibility existed—and it did—he would be here.

Hi, Sialuk, Killdeer said warmly, dipping his head. Thank you again for welcoming me back. What's up?

He might always be nervous around her, beautiful and self-possessed as she was. But he thought it would fade somewhat with time and acquaintance.
Moonspear
High Sage*
who stole my toe?!
1,243 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
He arrived promptly, and Sialuk let her eyes rove over him as he approached. It was not the first time she had thought of him as attractive. Now, though, there was a wrinkle in her heart. Argent's abrupt departure had been hard on her. She still did not understand why he could not stay, though she had not begged him to. Freedom seemed only fair for one she had loved so deeply.

Elentari had built anew with Alaric, but her feelings for him had been brewing for months before Argent's departure. Had he sensed this? Sialuk could not say.

There is no easy way to put to words, she said, her expression thoughtful. You are here for children only, or...?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
As was typical, Killdeer—despite the best of intentions—completely and utterly missed the subtext.

Well, yes, the kids were definitely the main reason why I came, he replied. But I promise, Sialuk—I'm not just here to cut and run if or when they do. I won't slack off; I intend to serve your pack, not just the children.

It was a purpose he hadn't felt since Mereo. His half-siblings via Bronco had been old enough to not really need his guidance (and had wandered, anyway), and with Fennec, he felt chained to his childhood.

Here, he could be his own man again—and the stakes were so much higher.