Ocean's Breath Plateau moon spiral
Moontide
First Warrior
920 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
All Welcome 
for no reason at all, chakliux began construction on a fourth lodge, across the forming path from raiyuk's own lodge, though pitched so that the entrances did not face one another. each inhabitant would need privacy.
from time to time, he employed the help of the young ones upon this project, and found it kept him close to marina, which was what he desired.
and so chakliux occupied himself only in the nearby forests and the close waters, and today was now pulling strips of softened bark from where they had been soaking, limping gait carrying them back to his construction.
Loner
40 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The number of seal hunter lodges within Moontide territory grew over the weeks, and young Sea Hunter threw himself willingly at any opportunity to aid in their construction. His father included his bold son without complaint, despite his involvement being a nuisance more than anything else.

He found joy in the build, in the bonding with Chakliux, not knowing that these skills would be necessary in future if he wished to build a lodge for a family of hie own.

Sea Hunter mimicked his sire, working sodden bark in strips until it was freed. He gathered some between his teeth and dragged the weight of it across the ground in pursuit of the pale-furred warrior.
Moontide
First Warrior
920 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
the dragmarks along the path announced their coming. chakliux lay his down and beckoned that sea hunter bring his closer to where a low wall was being built between two slender trees. packed with brush, they would curve the wet bark in places along the thinner branches; as it dried, it would pull together, providing more protection from rain or snow. 
the final construction of a lodge was papering it with birchbark, but chakliux was not yet healed enough to go far enough for as many curls of the thin substance it would take for a lodge.
solemnly he let sea hunter help him until the boy's gathered bark had been used, and the seal hunter signaled they should take a moment to rest.
Loner
40 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
His father was quiet as he constructed the lodge's walls with material he'd brought. This unnerved Sea Hunter, who'd come to expect the pale-furred warrior to speak openly and freely of other things - not just the task he worked on. The boy did not attempt to fill those silent voids with his own chit-chat, for he felt as though something might be very wrong.

He'd noticed a shift within the lodge in recent weeks, a tension among its adult occupants that he could not explain. The children were not privy to the more serious discussions among parents, so he did not understand how Marina suffered and how it pained his mother to witness.

Chakliux settled to rest for a time, which served as Sea Hunter's signal to stop. He blinked up at the seal hunter, stormy eyes quietly concerned.
Moontide
First Warrior
920 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux did not realize that he had been silent until he looked down into the eyes of sea hunter, quiet as he and filled with concern. 
for a moment he did not know what to do or to say. his little son was so young yet, but the seal hunter was by now certain that all five had seen marina's illness and how it affected the other adults among the lodges.
thus, for the sake of openness, he drew a breath and offered sea hunter a small smile, and took the boy's paw in his own. "you know that your mother has been sick. i will need to take her to a healer so she is well once more. it will mean i am gone for a — for a time."
chakliux paused, fear eating at his heart. "i will need you and sirmiq and chagak and kilalurak and puffin, all of you — i will need you to help your mother tullik, and taggak, and raiyuk. listen to rodyn and heph. heed them all and do as they ask, sea hunter. i trust you with this while i am gone. the lodge will need to be protected."