prosthetics?
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
would a character who has a history with humans be allowed to have a prosthetic limb? nothing crazy like cyborg animals (lol). i'm asking because Reasons™.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
I’ll wait for another CM to weigh in, but my gut reaction is no. I feel like prosthetics need a lot of care and constant adjustment to work properly. Animals that wear them typically don’t even wear them all the time because they can easily rub too much and cause open wounds, which leads to infection, which leads to death.
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
true! i haven't done much research on prosthetics in animals yet, so this is more of a curiosity question than anything.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
Prosthetics shift around too much for me to think they would stay on anything, least of all a wild animal, long term. I wouldn't mind a character coming in that lost its' prosthetic, but don't think it's realistic long-term. They're not like collars which can stay in place for years. I would have the same reservations as Remedy and agree with her about this, and think this falls into the category of "accessories" which we generally prohibit.. but would defer to other CMs.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away