Redhawk Caldera Strawberry Season
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
972 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
A jest, a laugh, and then Meerkat whisked him away to another sight. He followed readily, enjoying this tour and Merkat’s easy company. The young woman pointed out a tree which was dwarfed by taller pines, but it had whimsy gnarled boughs and an interesting shape.

“An apple tree?” Njord parroted. He had never seen or heard of such a plant before – especially one that grew fruit on its branches. No such species existed on Meares Island, or thrived by the costal territory of Dragoncrest. Meerkat foraged until she found an old, misshapen apple on the ground. He inspected it, sniffing. “I’ve nev’r smelled anything like this,” he explained. “Plenty of berries where I’m from… strawberries, blueberries, mulberries an’ tha like.”

The seafarer curled back his lips to pinch at the apple with his incisors and found the flesh to be harder than he expected. He gave it a second go and managed to get a good nibble of apple. It was both sour, sweet, and a bit overripe. “Mm!” he proclaimed, “It’s good!”

He regarded the envoy kindly. “I thank ya, Meerket, fer yer ‘ospitality. Yer Caldera is a bonnie place. I better be gettin’ back ta Dragoncrest… Erzulie’s bairns are due soon, and I shant be strayn’ far fer too long.” The redtail smelled the wind to get his bearings. “Yer welcome ta visit Sapphique anytime ya like,” he added with a smile. “Ya av’ a good air about ye.”

With that he would wait for Meerkat’s closing statements, if she had any, before turning Westward to follow the coast back home.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry Season - by Njord - May 26, 2021, 09:13 AM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Meerkat - May 26, 2021, 12:08 PM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Njord - May 26, 2021, 09:43 PM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Meerkat - May 27, 2021, 09:10 AM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Njord - June 09, 2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Meerkat - June 09, 2021, 11:27 AM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Njord - June 10, 2021, 10:39 AM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Meerkat - June 10, 2021, 12:17 PM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Njord - June 10, 2021, 03:29 PM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Meerkat - June 10, 2021, 03:55 PM
RE: Strawberry Season - by Njord - June 10, 2021, 08:12 PM