Noctisardor Bypass Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
728 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid loved spending time near the water, fishing, frogging or wading to escape the last vestiges of the summer heat. But she had never really ventured beyond the shallows. When she spotted a large fish swimming slowly past and realized she might actually be able to catch it, she leaped without thinking, splashing into the deeps.

She didn’t manage to snag the fish, though fortunately for her, she surfaced with a gasp of breath and instinctively began to paddle. At first, she swam away from shore, though Druid quickly figured out how to steer herself and began to make her way back toward dry land. Only she realized just how much fun she was having and circled back toward deeper water again.

An hour or two later, she finally set foot back on the shore. Soaking wet, limbs trembling from exhaustion, she couldn’t stop grinning. She gathered up the single fish she had managed to snatch and decided to go looking for her mother, sisters or anyone else who wanted to hear about her newfound passion.

She followed @Witch’s scent for a while but did not find the girl herself. Hunger gnawed at her belly but Druid felt too tired to eat, much less keep walking. She slowed to a stop, fish still dangling loosely in her jaws, unaware of her proximity to Laurel’s den until something bright red tumbled out of it.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Redbird - September 16, 2021, 01:22 AM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Druid - September 17, 2021, 10:15 AM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Abel - September 17, 2021, 11:31 AM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Druid - September 26, 2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Abel - September 28, 2021, 10:53 AM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Druid - September 28, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Redbird - October 28, 2021, 09:05 AM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Abel - October 28, 2021, 03:39 PM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Druid - October 28, 2021, 05:09 PM
RE: Sunday mornings we sleep-in 'til noon - by Redbird - November 01, 2021, 10:26 AM