Noctisardor Bypass anything at all to keep me close to you
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel frowned deeply when Mahler said that they had no choice but to try and barter with them. They could do nothing else, could they? He was right, of course, but she knew that there was nothing they could do. There was nothing that they had that Merrick wanted. Nothing — except maybe her. Would it be worth it? And what if he'd play tricks on them and take Laurel and not return the children? Did she want to give up on her life for them? She wanted them back. She just wanted everything to be as it was before. She wanted that Mahler'd listened to her when Ursus was but small and Rivenwood large...

You're right, she said quietly, calming a bit. But still. There was nothing they could offer him. And there was no telling he'd be honest in his bartering.

And you're right that he's unpredictable... Even if we'd barter — if we'd... If we'd offer him something he wants... How do we know he'll really give us his side of the bargain? How do you outsmart crazy? Laurel frowned and she looked at the ground in thought. Then, as she looked at Mahler: If... Do you think that we should try to... To trade me for them? I don't know why he took them, I... I think he didn't know they existed until he found me and then he took them, maybe because he knows it'll hurt me more than death. We just fought in the cave. I almost killed him, I had my jaws around his throat, but I... Laurel swallowed back tears, unwilling to break down now. I was too weak. Eyes hardened. She needed to be strong, now. I'll help you to be strong, now. Lies, just more lies! Iliksis had done nothing to stick to his side of the bargain so far. It showed her how unreliable it was to bargain with crazy.
Messages In This Thread
anything at all to keep me close to you - by Laurel - February 01, 2022, 05:20 AM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Mahler - February 02, 2022, 11:26 PM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Laurel - February 06, 2022, 01:41 PM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Mahler - February 08, 2022, 02:07 PM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Laurel - February 09, 2022, 10:38 AM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Mahler - February 10, 2022, 08:42 PM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Laurel - February 11, 2022, 04:53 AM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Mahler - February 25, 2022, 01:01 PM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Laurel - March 01, 2022, 05:36 AM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Mahler - March 07, 2022, 11:40 AM
RE: anything at all to keep me close to you - by Laurel - March 08, 2022, 10:20 AM