Dragoncrest Cliffs never cry again
980 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Rest had granted Njord new energy and his bright blue eyes traced Meerkat’s face, refreshed. He watched as her peaceful expression shifted. Then there were tears. Like a new river, drops pooled until they overflowed into a thin stream on buff-colored cheeks. Njord reached his wrist out and brushed them away as he watched his beautiful wife cry, soaking in the present moment and smiling together…praising the powers that be who had allowed them to reunite.

The gentle ministrations to his scars telegraphed what was to come next. It was if they were of one mind, and Njord knew he must step into the space Meerkat made for him.

“Al’right,” Njord agreed as his paw fell to the small of her back, ready and eager to share his heart with his other half.

“It was supposed ta be a quick journey ta Meares Island and back… ta share the good news of our children’s birth with my father an’ tha clan.” Njord’s tongue whetted his lips, sorting the events in his mind. “Meares Island isna like tha mainland packs… families of wolves stay distinct an’ are lorded over by the Laird of tha Isle, my Grandsire, who communes with tha sea,” he explained. “It’s a way of life goin’ back many generations… but shortly after my arrival there was a coup d’etat.”

Njord’s gaze fell as he recounted the violence that took place next. “Two families ‘ad been waitin’ for a moment, a distraction, for the right time ta strike… an’ my arrival gave ‘em that window.” The corners of his mouth pulled into a tight frown. “They jumped us in tha night, an’ we fought at first… but we were scattered… couldna coordinate. My family, strong as we were, retreated insland and tried ta bide our time, but we were found. M’father, Valtyr… was killed as we fought.” Njord’s visage became visibly contorted as shame and pain overwhelmed him, grief fresh in his mind. He gulped for a breath of air -- a momentary pause in his story as he fought to set his jaw.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
never cry again - by Meerkat - September 30, 2022, 10:35 AM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 01, 2022, 10:49 AM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 02, 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 02, 2022, 12:55 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 02, 2022, 02:24 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 03, 2022, 03:41 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 03, 2022, 05:22 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 03, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 03, 2022, 06:23 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 05, 2022, 06:53 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 28, 2022, 12:12 AM