Dragoncrest Cliffs never cry again
980 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
His wife slipped into a comforting pose: a paw upon Njord’s and her crown against the crook of his neck. Like a seahorse, his head bowed against her’s and pulled it a little closer – as one did when holding something precious. The seafarer was quiet a long moment… a small hitch in his throat as he swallowed.

“I thank ye, my love. He was a good man… but I’ll spend forever wonderin’ why I was at such odds with him when I was a young man.” Regret would take its place in his heart for a long time. “I wish ye had gotten’ tha chance ta meet.”

Njord un-hooked himself to look at Meerket. “But even though he was my blood… family, even… you an’ the children are, and will always be, my home. When I had fangs in me… I felt… I coulda…” died, he wanted to say. Njord’s lips pressed together, not wanting to even humor the thought.

“Even after all these years away, m’roots still drunk from the waters of Meares Island. It shouldna been that way, an’ I should’ve left at the first sign of a storm brewin’. I’m sorry, Meerkat,” he apologized with sincerity. Being a husband and a parent meant putting your wife and children first, no matter the circumstance or cost. It was a responsibility and vow he had failed to uphold.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
never cry again - by Meerkat - September 30, 2022, 10:35 AM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 01, 2022, 10:49 AM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 02, 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 02, 2022, 12:55 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 02, 2022, 02:24 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 03, 2022, 03:41 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 03, 2022, 05:22 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 03, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 03, 2022, 06:23 PM
RE: never cry again - by Njord - October 05, 2022, 06:53 PM
RE: never cry again - by Meerkat - October 28, 2022, 12:12 AM