Dragoncrest Cliffs Procellous
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
970 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord felt full of contradictions. In one moment he wanted to grab Sobo by the shoulders, shake him, and angrily say it didn’t have to be this way. In another, he felt sad. Hurt by the hot lance of his son’s vitriol. And then, he felt oddly resigned. Wasn’t this the way their relationship should have been designed in the beginning? No connection between the two of them?

It was every father’s dream to be their son’s hero. Instead, Njord found himself the nemesis. Not because of his what he did, but because of what he didn’t do. The wedding… Sobo crumpled and discarded his apology like a piece of refuse and Njord’s eyes fell as if watching a piece of rotten meat bounce across the ground.

He opened his mouth as if to retort. This could be the last opportunity to explain the culpability of his actions. But what good would that do? Njord felt as if he swam against a riptide. Whatever his intentions, Sobo’s perspective was set. It would be impossible to change what his son felt was true… and maybe it was the actual truth. These things happened and Njord had hurt him.

“Aye, you’re right… an’ apology cannae change any of it,” he agreed regretfully. “But I needed ta tell ye that I was sorry these things ‘appened, and made ye feel so hurt an’ alone.”

A deep breath steadied the seafarer. He looked to Sobo stoically. Njord thought of his father Valtyr and the monk-like peace he was able to maintain even in the face of infighting and adversity. Despite his sons’ fiery attitudes, Valtyr had never wavered.

But where were they to go from here? Sobo had turned away and shut the door behind him. Njord didn’t think he would ever be able to do the same. The latch would always remain unlocked should Sobo ever wish to turn the key.

“I dinnae wish tae see us live at odds,” Njord voiced. The constant avoidance and agitation were unhealthy. They could have boundaries, yes, but this trajectory would only continue to fester. “Can there be peace between us?” he asked.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Procellous - by Njord - October 01, 2022, 11:23 AM
RE: Procellous - by Sobo - October 11, 2022, 01:05 PM
RE: Procellous - by Njord - October 15, 2022, 06:50 PM
RE: Procellous - by Sobo - October 26, 2022, 09:43 PM
RE: Procellous - by Njord - October 30, 2022, 07:30 PM
RE: Procellous - by Sobo - November 03, 2022, 10:28 PM
RE: Procellous - by Njord - November 11, 2022, 02:05 PM
RE: Procellous - by Sobo - November 12, 2022, 05:35 PM
RE: Procellous - by Njord - November 19, 2022, 11:15 AM
RE: Procellous - by Sobo - December 11, 2022, 02:03 PM
RE: Procellous - by Njord - December 19, 2022, 11:23 PM