Silver Moraine Aiokatti
980 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord’s demeanor cooled and became somber as Kigipigak shared his challenging year. Natigvik had been full of so much life and promise. The redtail often looked back on his time spent there with Loko fondly. It had all the elements of a fairytale: an industrious husband, a beautiful wife, a piece of land to build a life for their sons…

He understood the lonely path a father and husband sometimes walked. How difficult emotions could drive a loyal man away from his hearth. And if he chose to return? Well, Njord was all too familiar with the punishment of societal purgatory. The guilt and the shame. The scrutiny and broken relationships.

“Ah’m sorry this happened tae ye, mo bhràthair,” Njord said, and he meant it. Kigipigak was a good, honorable man.

The spotlight found its way back to Njord. “I cannae say my things ‘av been much prettier.” The roll of his roughhewn brogue was drawn out in an exasperated way.

“My wife, Meerkat, ‘ad three bairns in tha spring,” a smile fluttered on his lips as Njord remembered baby Stingray, Swordfish, and Vixen. “But ‘ard times fell between us. Ah was waylaid on my home island… There was a coup. Ah left her alone for some time…” Even now, it was difficult to admit. Njord shook his head. “Mendin’ tha bonds between my wife an’ children… s’been tha hardest thing I’ve ever done.” And that was the truth.

“Things were goin’ well until my son, Swordfish, an’ his friend were attacked by a brown bear. They’re lucky they made it home alive…” Njord’s face darkened at the thought of it. “Another woman was attacked, too. A stranger. She dragged herself to our borders.” A pause. “I had a fallin’ out with my leaders over it. We dinnae trust one another anymore." There was hurt there. A flicker of frustration. "Meerkat an’ our family will be leavin’ Sapphique soon as our boy is healed up. We dinnae ken where, yet.” He sighed. "Perhaps tha willows. Or farther," he speculated.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 19, 2023, 06:44 AM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 19, 2023, 12:59 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 19, 2023, 01:41 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 25, 2023, 05:55 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 30, 2023, 06:40 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 30, 2023, 10:17 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 30, 2023, 10:35 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - February 11, 2023, 02:16 PM