Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
971 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Find myself.

A breathy hum telegraphed the red-tail’s acknowledgment.

“Ah understand,” he replied, the edge of his rustic tone laced with empathy. It hadn’t been so long ago that Njord had left Meares Island to discover his spirit. He thought, sentimentally, of Sapphique's early days. Or that time he asked Kukutux if there was love in this world meant for him. Meerkat. His children. Kigipigak. Fighting, training, learning, teaching… The bear. Taken. Burying. Renewal. An argument. A lonely path. Family.

The thoughts flicked through his mind like a film reel on rewind.

“Ah man’s path is his own tae walk. It can be difficult. Complicated,” the seafarer reflected with a sage nod of the head.

Njord took a few steps towards Argent to better appraise him. The clear blue of his eyes was like icemelt. Reticent, but good-natured. The man was strong. Healthy. A breed built for a mountain’s harsh winter.

“Our leader’s name is @Sialuk, but she is away on an errand,” he explained. Njord knew, through Meerkat, that Sialuk sought a companion. Would this man turn her eyes? “She seeks a partner…” he dropped innocently, the last syllable is drawn out as if to imply…

Secretly, Njord was smitten by the idea of having a brotherhood. He thought of the good memory of hunting seal with Rodyn and Swordfish.

“Ye may stay with us, Argent, and take time tae find yerself,” Njord decided, though he hoped it is not an overstep. Yet some, small part deep inside glimmers in secret. Was this what it felt like to be the leader of a clan? The responsibility felt good in Njord’s heart. They were in control of their destiny. No longer did he placate those who invented, or held onto, his shortcomings.

Yet, the man would never dream of vying for any position. He was content to simply be trusted. That was all he needed. “An when Sialuk returns,” he continued, “I shall introduce ye, and ye will ask for her full blessing.”

Njord’s head tilts as if to ask, is this agreeable?
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
all my friends are heathens - by Argent - February 02, 2023, 02:58 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Njord - February 02, 2023, 04:15 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Argent - February 02, 2023, 06:56 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Njord - February 02, 2023, 07:59 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Argent - February 03, 2023, 08:04 AM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Njord - February 03, 2023, 08:15 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Argent - February 05, 2023, 04:57 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Njord - February 06, 2023, 08:16 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Argent - February 07, 2023, 08:44 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Njord - February 11, 2023, 12:55 PM
RE: all my friends are heathens - by Argent - February 13, 2023, 09:12 AM