Lost Creek Hollow I'm no good at waiting
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
That’s not fair, he said with a bitter smile.

Not to you or me.

Silvertongue had taught him something about speaking. He had learned that words could be both sharp and soft. He had not done well to demonstrate his newfound backbone, but this moment offered a glimpse of some growth in the shadow.

And mercy, Crowfeather scoffed. At this, he couldn’t help but laugh. The sound wasn’t mocking. It didn’t punish Germanicus for speaking his mind. It felt good to know what he thought and how he felt about everything that had happened. It wasn’t fair, though. The silver eagle had taken a great deal of blame for the heartbreak. It had been Crowfeather who had allowed his heart’s expectations to rise. The ranger had never really offered more of his heart than he had given, not at the start.

Germanicus you do not have my mercy. Because I do not place the blame entirely on you. I- I was as much at fault. I let myself fall in love with you and never told you. I never said anything to you. You talked to me before you married Ruenna and- and- I never told you when I should have. Maybe then you should beg for my mercy.

The tripod’s eyes were warm and loving.

I love you. I love you and I forgive you… and I will learn how to forgive myself.
Messages In This Thread
I'm no good at waiting - by Crowfeather - February 22, 2023, 06:00 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Germanicus - February 22, 2023, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Crowfeather - February 22, 2023, 06:53 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Germanicus - February 22, 2023, 07:53 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Crowfeather - February 22, 2023, 07:58 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Germanicus - February 22, 2023, 08:12 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Crowfeather - February 22, 2023, 08:15 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Germanicus - February 22, 2023, 08:25 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Crowfeather - February 22, 2023, 08:34 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Germanicus - February 22, 2023, 08:54 PM
RE: I'm no good at waiting - by Crowfeather - February 28, 2023, 04:27 PM