Sun Mote Copse vacation's all I ever wanted
980 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Like a shift in the breeze, Meerkat’s absence of affirmation sucked the wind right out of Njord’s sails. The moment before their hearts felt close. Aligned. But Meerkat’s silence fractured the harmony Njord had felt a second ago and it immediately became evident that she did not entertain the same flights of fancy.

He briefly reflected upon where this sentiment sprang from. Their whole lives had been uno-reversed. Once, the shoe had been on the other foot. Meerkat had joined Sapphique as an outsider, surrounded by Njord’s family and cohorts. Now, they swung the opposite way. Moonspear was filled with Meerkat’s people. His only remaining son, Stingray, had left. Chakliux would leave too. The rest pined for Sialuk’s attention and entertained a way of life that stirred up complicated memories within the man.

A thread of guilt wove itself within his fabric, for insinuating that Moonspear wasn’t enough. But was it so wrong to want to leave a refuge and thrive? Maybe this was the man’s way the women of Sapphique shunned.

Today, he didn’t have the heart to make any more waves in his wife’s mind.

“Ah only wish tae these rays in yer hair, every day,” he said sweetly. A half-truth and played off as a passing whim. “Come, I hear a river nearby, hmm? Will ye give me a tour?”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - May 31, 2023, 05:11 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - May 31, 2023, 05:43 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - May 31, 2023, 08:18 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - May 31, 2023, 10:28 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 08:44 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 09:11 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 09:47 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 09:58 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 10:23 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 11:03 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 02, 2023, 11:44 AM