Sun Mote Copse vacation's all I ever wanted
980 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
It helped that Meerkat spoke her mind and reaffirmed the bond they shared. Her explanation and reassurance set the stage for Njord to better conjure words.

“Aye, you an’ our children are my home, too,” he mirrored. “Where ye are, is where my heart is. It doesnae matter if we’re on a mountain or in a swamp,” he breathed a laugh. “But maybe that’s why Ah donnae feel so strong about stayin’ forever at Moonspear. I cannae help but feel… detatched from tha rest of tha village. Ah’m nae close with Sialuk as you are… an’ Ah’m sad tae see Stingray, Nassamik, an’ Raiyuk go.”

Kigipigak jumped into Njord’s mind briefly. His Aiokatti he had left behind.

Valtyr’s image showed up too.

Njord’s weight rocked back onto his heels as he thought. Then, his gaze lifted and watched the trees’ leaves flutter in the wind.

“Maybe I jus’ can’t stop thinkin’ bout layin’ with ye under tha willows,” he said whimsically. “Buildin’ somethin’ for us. Just us. Somethin’ for Mercy, Fish, an’ Ray to come home to. Tae give to them. For Seal an’ Orca, too.” Because that was the ultimate fantasy, wasn’t it? The corners of his mouth curled intro a wry smile, proud but sad their children had all dispersed.

He blinked away the reverie and shuffeled closer to lean on Meerkat.

Och, but I said someday,” he reminded her. There were no timelines to his agenda. The dream was but a sparkle in his eye.

“Ah’m fond of the lowlands,” he observed. “A place with plenty of water. Cool shade an’ greenery. Peaceful.” Hushed Willows and Sun Mote Copse shared all of these features.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - May 31, 2023, 05:11 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - May 31, 2023, 05:43 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - May 31, 2023, 08:18 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - May 31, 2023, 10:28 PM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 08:44 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 09:11 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 09:47 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 09:58 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 01, 2023, 10:23 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Meerkat - June 01, 2023, 11:03 AM
RE: vacation's all I ever wanted - by Njord - June 02, 2023, 11:44 AM