Dragoncrest Cliffs phonetics
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
751 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
ouuuuu Grizzly Bear! "Ready, Able" is one of my favs :)
Gonna chuck a bit of "Mad World" by Jordan Rakei in here!

The little tiny buzz she heard next was endearing. More what she was used to hearing from insects, though she imagined the bashful fluttering of the butterfly's wings was indicative that she'd flattered the creature. Was she personifying it too much? Normally, she would think more, but like the butterfly, she too craved the musical intimacy of a duet- and when the butterfly began to sing she sat up, forgetting any hesitance she'd had before. 

The butterfly introduced a new melody- one which began with a pleasing symmetry before it rose suddenly, causing her brow to raise. She memorized it, so that she could respond with a similar tune, following the contour of the melody and the rhyme scheme while adding her own words. She had no idea if it suited the meaning of the song- but she would go with her instincts anyway.

"T'ink up all de ways,
de many turn of phrase,"

She prepared for the next line and its ascending melody by drawing in a breath. 

"Set your voice ablaze,
You told me you would stay,"

And now, her chance to pose the next lyrical melody, to see if the butterfly could improvise as well as it could perform. 

"Stay away from emotion and madness,
Stay away from the streets,
For me, for me."
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
phonetics - by Pancakes - July 05, 2023, 11:36 PM
RE: phonetics - by Chacal - July 05, 2023, 11:58 PM
RE: phonetics - by Pancakes - July 08, 2023, 11:28 PM
RE: phonetics - by Chacal - July 09, 2023, 09:41 PM