Noctisardor Bypass gobsmacked, don’t hesitate to maybe overcompensate
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
700 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Her eyes slipped shut again as Druid concentrated on regulating her breathing. Her heartbeat gradually slowed. By the time she heard footfalls thundering toward her, she felt markedly calmer. She still didn’t feel like herself, though that was nothing new. This pregnancy had made Druid feel like a stranger in her own body in many ways.

Etienne, she said on an exhale, gaze starting at his paws and sweeping upward. I forgot about your paws. I’m so sorry to make you rush here, though I’m glad you were within earshot, she said in a breathy rush.

She made herself pause. Druid drew in another deep breath, exhaled long and slow, then repeated the process a couple more times. Meanwhile, she shot the medic an apologetic glance.

As you can probably see, she broke the silence once she felt she could speak again, this pregnancy has been rough on me. Druid swept a dark foreleg toward her frail frame. And just now, one of my teeth fell out. And… I lost my mind, for a minute. I told myself it’s just a tooth. But there are others that are loose. What if they all fall out?

There was stark fear in her two-toned eyes as they plumbed Etienne’s gaze, hoping he might know something that would help her with these frightening afflictions.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: gobsmacked, don’t hesitate to maybe overcompensate - by Druid - March 05, 2024, 01:22 PM