Grouse Thicket i was supposed to be sent away
980 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
It felt like the harder Njord pleaded, the more Asivaq and Kigipigak resisted. The young, fawn-colored woman’s expressions had the beginnings of shame – emotional and defeated.

Cursed
, Asivaq called the Sweep.

Njord wondered why they had reached this conclusion. How badly had their child suffered? Had something else happened?

The Laird did not understand why they would turn down the offer to join the Copse… and, apparently, neither did his wife. He could almost feel hot fumes shoot from her ears. To turn down help would isolate their family further and put their three children at risk. At only two months old, the pups were still incredibly vulnerable.

Unable to withstand any more excuses, Meerkat minced no words and put the blame neatly on Kigipigak and Asivaq’s shoulders. Then, she removed herself from the conversation.

The charged comment was intercepted by Kigipigak. It was clear Meerkat’s volley had landed. Njord could feel his own emotions begin to run as Kigipigak refuted Meerkat’s accusation, language demeaning the Lady of the Copse.

She’s not wrong, Njord thought hotly as his respect for the Tartok wolves waned. Yet, with the children in mind, he chose not to salt the wounds. Let the door always remain open. For their sake, he thought.

Kigipigak began to shepherd his kin away. The Laird would not say another word. He did not condone their departure and so he would only stoically watch the family of five with quiet judgment and despair until they disappeared completely from sight.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
i was supposed to be sent away - by RIP Ariadne - April 24, 2024, 02:28 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Tautukpik - April 24, 2024, 02:38 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Kigipigak - April 24, 2024, 02:47 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Njord - April 24, 2024, 04:26 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by RIP Ariadne - April 25, 2024, 12:07 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Meerkat - April 25, 2024, 12:14 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Kigipigak - April 25, 2024, 01:57 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Njord - April 26, 2024, 10:29 AM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by RIP Ariadne - April 26, 2024, 12:08 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Meerkat - April 26, 2024, 12:25 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Kigipigak - April 26, 2024, 02:26 PM