Noctisardor Bypass In these times of doing what you're told.
759 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
She stared hard at Viinturuth. Druid couldn’t believe her ears. Manhandling a—well, a man—was a lot different than hurting a young girl. Was Glaukos really capable of that? She had her doubts that he would do it deliberately. But he’d damaged her without even trying. Had the same thing happened to Viinturuth’s niece?

“…maimed her… took her eye…”

Druid drew in a breath and couldn’t hide her shudder. She had been right to make him leave, then double down on her decree. That made her wonder when this attack had taken place. She’d thought Glaukos might have taken out on his anger on Etienne. Had he instead hurt this girl? Maybe it had been deliberate. Druid’s stomach twisted.

Finally, she said, You can find him in a valley somewhere around here by the name of Bearclaw. His name is Glaukos.

Despite everything, she felt a flicker of something like guilt lick through her. This was not the first time she had thrown a pack mate to the wolves. Glaukos had actually done wrong, unlike Laurel. Druid pushed down thoughts of that night long ago.

You should be careful, Viinturuth. He beat two of my adult, male pack mates. When I went to throw him out, he did this to me without even meaning to, Druid cautioned, pulling back her lips to reveal several missing teeth. She quickly covered them again and finished, He deserves to be punished for what he’s done but I’m honestly not sure how it can be done, at least not without great risk…

He’d been born in Bearclaw Valley and lived there now. Maybe he really did have bear blood… which meant her children did too. Druid shoved down that thought too, telling herself it was ridiculous.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: In these times of doing what you're told. - by Druid - May 09, 2024, 07:59 AM