Noctisardor Bypass yuljeda
759 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
That was just what he’d told her, almost word for word. Druid nodded her acknowledgement but said nothing. Even when the silence stretched, she didn’t break it. She sensed Heda wasn’t finished. Her sister had yet to acknowledge Druid’s revelation.

But she never did. And the words that came streaming out of her were confusing to the point of distraction. Druid’s face contorted even as she reached for her sister, pulling her into an embrace. She bought herself a few seconds to try to parse Heda’s words and come up with something comforting to say.

That’s just not true, she refuted, realizing it worked as a response to more than one of the other Den Mother’s statements. I know it’s not the same thing as having a husband but you have me. Your boys have me too. I know I haven’t been the best mother figure but I promise I’m doing my best, particularly now.

We don’t need men, she wanted to add, though Druid said nothing more.

Heda’s svelte figure felt taut and trembling in her hold. Druid gently tightened her forelegs around her slim middle, an unspoken gesture to remind her sister that she would hold onto her no matter what happened. If that included breaking down in her arms, then Druid would be right here to hold her up.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
yuljeda - by Skaigona - May 17, 2024, 02:31 PM
RE: yuljeda - by Druid - May 17, 2024, 03:46 PM
RE: yuljeda - by Skaigona - May 17, 2024, 03:59 PM
RE: yuljeda - by Druid - May 17, 2024, 04:05 PM
RE: yuljeda - by Skaigona - May 17, 2024, 04:19 PM
RE: yuljeda - by Druid - May 18, 2024, 08:55 AM
RE: yuljeda - by Skaigona - May 18, 2024, 05:19 PM
RE: yuljeda - by Druid - May 19, 2024, 05:34 PM
RE: yuljeda - by Skaigona - May 29, 2024, 11:49 AM
RE: yuljeda - by Druid - May 29, 2024, 01:40 PM
RE: yuljeda - by Skaigona - June 01, 2024, 12:52 PM