Noctisardor Bypass valar morghulis
759 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Her head pounded in a way that made Druid’s stomach feel hollow. There was no other sign, unless dry mouth was one of them. Was it? No, surely that was just due to the dry August heat. These were the dog days of summer. Druid sought refreshment in the lagoon, immersing her whole body in the cool waters in the hope it might alleviate her headache.

She felt a little better until Heda’s call carried through the woods. She immediately leaped onto the bank, not bothering to shake out her coat as she galloped toward the rendezvous site. The journey felt like it took ages, her brain rattling around in her skull with every swift step.

Her sister had called them here to say something, so Druid stood in panting, dripping silence as Heda stood over Ezra and made her declarations. Maybe because of her headache, Druid didn’t understand at first what Heda meant when she said, “I can’t stay here any longer.”

Of course the Den Mother wanted to find Gideon. But Druid was torn. Who would look after the children, with so many gone? And what about Amadeo? Neither he nor Druid herself was really in any shape for that responsibility. But then comprehension began to dawn on her. Did Heda intend to take Ezra with her? Did she plan to return? Or was she saying she was leaving Rivenwood for good?

Druid’s heart dropped at the thought, then broke into a sudden sprint. She felt a huge emotion sweeping through her. She’d always been so cool and levelheaded, she didn’t recognize herself as her face contorted in a sudden fury. She wasn’t entirely sure what exactly she planned to do, until she was doing it: Druid leaped at her sister, intending to grab her by the scruff and force her to stay.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
valar morghulis - by Ezra - August 17, 2024, 04:46 AM
RE: valar morghulis - by Skaigona - August 17, 2024, 01:55 PM
RE: valar morghulis - by Druid - August 17, 2024, 03:19 PM
RE: valar morghulis - by Ezra - August 18, 2024, 12:39 PM
RE: valar morghulis - by Skaigona - August 18, 2024, 01:06 PM
RE: valar morghulis - by Druid - August 18, 2024, 02:20 PM
RE: valar morghulis - by Ezra - August 21, 2024, 06:53 PM
RE: valar morghulis - by Skaigona - August 21, 2024, 07:01 PM
RE: valar morghulis - by Druid - August 22, 2024, 09:26 AM