Heron Lake Plateau take me as i come, 'cause i can't stay long
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
With Screech becoming dependant on her, Niamh had had to buckle down and work harder to keep the two of them alive, fed and watered. For someone whose kills had previously consisted of small things like rabbits, ducks and pheasants, it was incredibly taxing for her to have to double those duties. Hunts were never 100% successful, but now that she had to do two times as much, it meant that she spent a lot more energy trying just to keep Screech fed. She knew she couldn't starve herself in the process, or she too would be unable to hunt- but there was no avoiding the weight loss that came with having to care for another wolf. She was beginning to understand what single parenthood would be like- and she didn't care for it. Especially when she was trying to feed another adult wolf, not a puppy. 

Her last hunt had been unsuccessful- both of the birds she'd tracked down had gotten away on her, causing her to wonder if she might be slipping a bit. She was overtired and hungry, and had already dug up all the spare caches she'd filled before Screech had been injured, and was drawing a bit thin on resources and the energy to find them. She'd munched on some wild strawberries earlier, but those hadn't done much, and they were a bit sour to boot. Deciding to try her luck looking for fish in the creek that led toward the falls, she left the wooded areas of the plateau at a leisurely walk, determined not to waste any more energy until she'd had something to eat. 

She wasn't sure how to feel when she caught sight of Ceara's brilliant coat in the distance- she was digging away, or so it looked, and her stomach clenched, wondering if she was digging up a cache, and might be willing to share some food...But then again, not likely, given the way she'd lashed out at her. She still remembered some of the anger she felt, and was still a bit bristly about talking to Ceara- but she also felt slightly sorry for snapping at her so angrily. But, being a stubborn creature, she justified her actions selfishly, and assumed that Ceara would have simply accepted the fact that she'd done something wrong, and that Niamh had had every right to chase her out of her den. 

With that assumption, she continued her approach, as she didn't want to waste energy or time avoiding Ceara on her direct path toward the creek. She cast a glance to the wolf, who no longer appeared to be digging in one particular place, but just...Digging in general, which puzzled Niamh, who came to a stop, lifted her head and with a weary, confused look, she sniffed the air and regarded her packmate with one ear turned back skeptically. "You...Looking for something?" She queried, still keeping her distance, but somewhat intrigued in the pretty female's actions.
Messages In This Thread
take me as i come, 'cause i can't stay long - by Fire - June 06, 2018, 06:14 PM
RE: take me as i come, 'cause i can't stay long - by RIP Niamh - June 15, 2018, 11:25 PM