Heron Lake Plateau Can't live without them, can't kill them with an axe
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
wc:431
Feel free to reply again or archive if you want :)
--------------------------------------------------
The lack of faith that Quixote had in her was beginning to wear on Niamh. She was getting impatient with the whole business of convincing him over and over again that she could handle it, and that she wasn’t going to roll over and let him tell her what to do on this one. She regarded him levelly, and did quite well to hold her tongue though she wanted to simply shout at him and run off, as he was trying every thin fibre of her patience. Instead, she told herself to cool it, knowing that the only way he’d agree to the whole situation was if she kept herself calm. She was still worked up about Ambrose being injured and possibly dead somewhere- but the fact that Quixote was trying to control her just then was becoming more frustrating than anything else.

To his question, she nodded firmly, jaws clenched shut. She’d already made that perfectly clear, and silently stared at the ground, hoping he would finally, finally get the point and just let her do what she wanted to do without interrogating her or telling her she was insane for wanting to do that. She didn’t care if it wasn’t what he’d want for himself- she knew herself perfectly well, and knew that this was the only way she would be able to handle the situation and eventually be able to move forward. If she simply let her brother drift further away without even trying to catch a sign that Quixote might have missed, she’d never forgive herself. He tried to dissuade her by offering his opinion, but she’d already made it perfectly clear that their opinions differed.

”I need it.” She said firmly, but calmly. ”Might not be the decision you’d make in my place, but it’s the decision I’m making. I know what I need to do in order to get through this.” She said. Her voice was still calm, though it was fairly clear she was restraining herself a bit. She was becoming irritated that Quixote wouldn’t simply believe her...If he’d allowed her to be Beta, then why doubt and question what seemed like every single step she took? She gestured and started moving, as she’d come to the conclusion that he’d allow her to move forward if she simply reiterated one final time that she’d be OK, and that she was absolutely 100% certain that she needed to do this. ”Let’s go.” She said, hoping he would just buck up, shut up and lead the way.
--------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
QQ - by Quixote - November 10, 2018, 07:54 PM
RE: Can't live without them, can't kill them with an axe - by RIP Niamh - November 20, 2018, 03:01 AM